Tales From The Tyee Pool.......2020..

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Dave H, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Dave H

Dave H Well-Known Member

I'm baaaaaack!

Greetings all and welcome once again to this annual attempt to make reason and sense from this affliction we call Tyee fishing.

Aside from the changes at the clubhouse and whatever protocols each rower may wish for their boat, it's basically the same as before. From now until August 31st. it's one chinook per day, no upper size limit and then from September 1st. on it's two per day. I see lots of catch and release happening, so handle your fish carefully if it's an under.

The clubhouse itself isn't open but Bob, our Weighmaster, will conduct whatever business transactions need be done through the window on the side of the clubhouse. It's all pretty evident once you enter the yard.

Hotter than Hades here today and still some varnishing required on the boat, as well as lines to be tested and evaluated, but getting closer to being ready to row.

Looking forward to the season but truly sad that it appears PAGuy (Shannon) may not be able to make it this year if the border stays closed, and I was really looking forward to giving him a good shot this year.
    I owe him one.

So hey and hi to everyone and off we go.

Stay tuned.

Take care.

FishOn!.jpg

ChilliSpoons, tekrunr, Oly1 and 24 others like this.
  2. John s

John s Crew Member

I look forward to reading your reports. :)

Dave H likes this.
  3. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Is that Owen with you in the picture ?

4. bMcN

bMcN Crew Member

Dave H and leaseman like this.
  5. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

Yes, best thread of the summer, without question!

6. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Nice,, was hoping to see the thread start up soon. Best of luck to you guys out there this year Dave.

Dave H likes this.
  7. Dave H

Dave H Well-Known Member

Yes.

I'm still trying to teach him the finer points of rod-holding and practicing on little ones is always good. LOL

Take care.

Discus, lazoman, Admin and 3 others like this.
  8. Derby

Derby Crew Member

Hahahaha.. good luck with that :) :) :)

nootkaassassin, Dave H and Admin like this.
  9. leaseman

leaseman Active Member

One of my days highlights!!

Dave H likes this.
  10. Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine Well-Known Member

Good eye, although it’s not easy to miss him, according to a few Chinook.

Dave H likes this.
  11. paguy

paguy Well-Known Member

Hey, Don't count me out just yet, Uncle Dave. I think family members may be able to cross the border. Best of luck to you and hope things change and am able to come up and see you.

nootkaassassin, lazoman and Dave H like this.
  12. CRGreg

CRGreg Active Member

See you on the water Dave ! Going to be a weird one with no clubhouse hanging out.... What will my life be without stories of Jordan River Surfing in the 70's

CRGreg

13. Stosh

Stosh Well-Known Member

Dave, I don’t know how I could survive the summer without reading your great reports. Good luck on the water and stay safe.
    Welcome back!
    Stosh

14. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

With so many lodges shut down and other areas having to release anything over 80cm I wonder how the pool will be this year.

Dave H likes this.
  15. Dave H

Dave H Well-Known Member

Me too. LOL

Take care.

wildmanyeah likes this.
  16. Big Green Machine

Big Green Machine Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, I found the rules for gear etc. for the pool, but can you find me a link about the slot size exemption for the pool, I can find it for all other areas 13-29.

17. Dave H

Dave H Well-Known Member

18. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=234380&ID=all

In Subareas 13-3 and 13-5, those waters of Discovery Passage and Campbell River inside of a line starting at the fishing boundary sign at Orange Point located at 50°
    04.392' north latitude by 125°16.608' west longitude, then northeasterly to a point in the middle of the channel located at 50°04.392' north latitude by 125°15.510'
    west longitude, then southeasterly to a point located at 50°00.507' north latitude by 125°12.859' west longitude, then southwesterly to the fishing boundary sign on
    the southern end of Hidden Harbour breakwater located at 50°00.504' north latitude by125°13.945' west longitude.

00:01 hours July 15, 2020 to 23:59 hours August 31, 2020: One (1) Chinook per day, no maximum size limit.

CRGreg, Big Green Machine and Dave H like this.
  19. blindmonkey

blindmonkey Well-Known Member

Who will be the King of the Cabezons champ this year, that is the question :).

leaseman, Dave H and wildmanyeah like this.
  20. Dave H

Dave H Well-Known Member

Here's a post to keep me alive on page one. LOL

Don't know who these intrepid anglers are but kudos for being the first boat I've seen out this season.

Just a smidge early but as is always the case, someone has to catch the first one.

Good luck to all.

FirstTyeeBoat20.jpg

Photo by Jo Jo Moon

Take care.

SalishSeaFisher, Oly1, John s and 7 others like this.