Stuffed Sole

CVmike

So the boats in the shop right now, so I got the canoe together the other day and took out the girlfriend and went and jigged some flounder. We ended up with 6 in about an hour and I carefully filleted them which took me about the same amount of time but ended up with a surprising nice little pile of meat. After a little bit of looking around on the internet, I came up with this recipe.

Ingredients;
- 6 Sole Filleted
- 1 Stalk of Celery chopped small
- 3-4 Stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- A bit of fresh parsley
- Fresh Parmesan
- A medium sized tomato, chopped up ("meat" only)
- A few crackers, I used Ritz
- A bit of mayonayse
- A handful of fresh, cooked and peeled prawns
- Fresh garlic
- Bottle of wine (for the chef)

First off I lightly greased a casserole dish with olive oil and layed out a layer of fillets on the bottom, then I covered them with the tomato, celery, parsley, garlic, green onion, and then the prawns. I proceeded to cover that with a generous amount of Parmesan before covering with the remaining fillets. I then put on a thin coat of mayonnaise and sprinkled a few crushed up crackers on top to make a nice bit of crunch on the top. I proceeded to bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes, periodically spooning out excess liquid that came out of the fish. When the fish was looking nice and cooked I turned the oven to broil until the top was nice and browned.

Now I am by no means a good chef, but this turned out amazing. It made for a very happy girlfriend served along side a broccoli Alfredo and a green salad.

uumnn, sounds delicious!!

Back