Stolen crab traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsmith

Today me, my son, and my friend each had a crab trap stolen and two emptied infront of alberthead lagoon area towards royal bay beach. I don’t expect to see them but I’d like to warn everyone that if I ever was to see that happen you will really regret stealing from me. I am shocked that this happened

Are you sure the were stolen? I doubt it. Some pretty heavy tides lately. I've found many traps wound up in kelp beads or bobbing along on weed rafts in deep wwater. Empty traps can be due to theft, but more likely, doors hanging open due to heavy currents. Sorry for your loss regardless. I've been there.

The best thing you can do is pay it forward somehow and get people to follow the rules. Ive had a boat of Chinese fishermen at HITW offer to pull up my prawn traps after watching me yard in my traps by hand. popular spots will have these types of people so its 50/50 if it was current or a thief. Sorry for your traps Ive lost a few to current as well.

Today me, my son, and my friend each had a crab trap stolen and two emptied infront of alberthead lagoon area towards royal bay beach. I don’t expect to see them but I’d like to warn everyone that if I ever was to see that happen you will really regret stealing from me. I am shocked that this happened
Check your attitude. Sorry you lost traps but warning people here that "you will really regret stealing from me." is offensive. No one on this forum will be stealing your traps. Did you weight the traps and the doors? Did you have enough line on to allow for depth and tide range? Did you drop your traps clear of vessel traffic? Did you drop your traps out of areas with strong currents? You may have made a mistake in dropping your traps so check all the boxes before accusing others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back