SonarLive question.

Olde School

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to lay down some new trails with my HDS Carbon.
The added contours were amazing - I can't wait to do this at those fishing hotspots that devour cannonballs (the one just SE of Cree in particular!).
My desire is to upload my new contour information to the community, but I can't find how to do this. The closest information seems to require me to connect my mobile device first but that seems odd - the Carbon unit is connected to wifi already?

Any help is appreciated!

1. Put a hotspot up on your phone.
2. Connect the carbon unit to it.
3. Share it all with us :p

macro I am fully on board with sharing the data I obtain and hope many others do as well.
Much of the source bathymetric data we rely on (via our chartplotter chips) is VERY old and lacks accuracy.

I will try your steps.

Good luck! The sounder can work two ways - as a hotspot - so your phone or tablet can mirror it and act as another screen, or as a client to a hotspot to get out on the internet.

I was never able to get autocharting working with my lowrance. Probably because I wont buy a subscription to navionics

I've got a hummingbird with autochart. Works great - but thats all I use it for is charting. The lowrance finds the fish.

Back