So what do you think the second part of the report will say?

I didn’t read every word it’s a very long report. Tons of work goes into these, however, there’s a couple glaring red flags. The report acknowledges a huge lack of data on catch data, pollution data, not to mention several other factors. The other aspect is we are all sidelined because of this one major river system. Yes it’s critical and it needs to be fixed, no question, but there are so many other chinook fisheries that aren’t in this condition. They’re hatchery fed, many are in BC now. Management means just that, management of our fishery not blanket closures. There’s ample scientific evidence available that fisheries like Port Hardy, Sayward, Campbell River, Comox, Port Alberni, catch literally zero Fraser River Chinook. It’s less than 1%. I’m sure it’s similar in areas farther north in BC. Nobody cares more the health of our fishery than we do. It’s who we are. It’s been taken away and the science doesn’t justify it. A marked fishery or sized slot limit fisheries are certainly viable. The Hotels, The Resorts the tackle shops and outfitters are being crushed by the Coronavirus and the Liberals are blanket closing BC Fisheries and we all know the nets are in the Fraser right now, the one place we all agree can’t and shouldn’t be getting fished. The liberals are going to spend a couple trillion dollars buying votes, and yes, helping people, I support that, but for a few million dollars we could dbl or triple our chinook output from our hatcheries. Wanna create jobs, grow our fishery again

Back