Recommendations for Exploring Howe Sound

Corey_lax

Crew Member
tommorow my fiancé, dog, and myself are gonna go drop the traps out of horseshoe bay. Not gonna bring any fishing rods this time as I would like to explore some areas that we aren’t used to going to while the traps soak. Any tips on anywhere to go? Is there any docks that you can tie up to and go for a short hike or anything?

I’ve only ever dropped the traps and gone fishing around Bowen, hump, west van, etc.

Is there anything worth tying up too up howe sound where we can go for a quick hike or sightseeing? The gal would like that.

tommorow my fiancé, dog, and myself are gonna go drop the traps out of horseshoe bay. Not gonna bring any fishing rods this time as I would like to explore some areas that we aren’t used to going to while the traps soak. Any tips on anywhere to go? Is there any docks that you can tie up to and go for a short hike or anything?

I’ve only ever dropped the traps and gone fishing around Bowen, hump, west van, etc.

Is there anything worth tying up too up howe sound where we can go for a quick hike or sightseeing? The gal would like that.

Bowen: Good short hike up to Dorman Pt lookout or longer hike in Crippen Park and Killarney loop - moorage at Gov/community dock or Union Steamship marina.

Gambier: Halkett Bay marine park has a very small dock and some trails

New Brighton is an interesting stop if space at community dock.

Keats: Plumber Cove Marine park: Lots of dock space and a great loop hike from camp sites up a ways and back as well as a hike south to the community at the Gov dock.

Gibsons: Dock at Gibsons Marina or gov/community dock and enjoy the amenities at Gramas pub

Christie Islet and Pam Rocks: no dock/moorage but worth floating by to see bird sanctuary on Christie and Pam Rocks seal haul outs will let you know just how populated our pinnipeds are in HSound!

Thanks Peahead! We are actually at plumper cove right now having some snacks for lunch. Beauty spot and I’ll likely come camping here sometime for a night or two.

Back