Quamichan Lake

My guess is it will take a bit of warm weather to move them out of the deep water....you might try casting and quickly retrieving a small plug while they are keying on stickleback? Most of the stomach contents are mid olive green if not stickleback.

down on moose lodge dock yesterday after school for 3 hours first hour it was dead then it started to pick up caught 10 cuttys biggest was about 3 pounds

Right on,Owen!! The're finally waking up. Guess it's time to to hit it hard before thewarmer weather comes and transforms
the lake into a pool of green slime!

Guess it's time for one more trip before the green sludge invaids the lake! Haven't had much time to fish it this year.
Been to busy getting the boat ready for the saltchuck.

Why start another Quamichan lake thread when there is a perfectly good one right here. Has anyone been out there recently. It's so hard to decide where to go. Quamichan, Fuller, Chemainus or somewhere else!!?

It was super slow the past 2 months for me. I have moved on to another lake until the flys start to hatch. That being said its been 5 days since my last try.

-KK

Haven't been out to Quamichan yet, have caught a few trout on Fuller and Chemainus, the mild weather seems to be helping the fishing on those lakes.

You bet,adrock1981. Haven't been out to Quam yet this spring,as I,m busy getting ready for halibut right now,but a good
friend of mine fished it friday morning,and caught 2 nice ones.The biggest was a 3.5-4 lb. rainbow,so he was pretty
happy.

Awesome, I haven't fished Quamichan for years, but caught some nice cutties the last time we were out (3lb +). I have never seen so many stickleback in a lake in my life either! We used the McLeod Stickleback fly with great success out there. :)

Hey Guys. Haven't fished much around the Duncan area. Does anyone know if there are Smallmouth Bass in either Quamichan Lake or Somenos Lake. I know they are in surrounding lakes such as Fuller Lake Chemainus Lake and Shawnigan Lake.
Rempy

Hey Guys. Haven't fished much around the Duncan area. Does anyone know if there are Smallmouth Bass in either Quamichan Lake or Somenos Lake. I know they are in surrounding lakes such as Fuller Lake Chemainus Lake and Shawnigan Lake.
Rempy

There is smallmouth bass in fuller lake not a lot if you go to the far back corner there is a little inlet with long grass growing around it and I have picked up a few around there

Rempy
Hey Rempy.No smallmouth in Quamichan,or Somenos Lake,and we'd like to keep it that way.There's great bass fishing in
Shawnigan Lake though,with some real hogs going over 5lbs. Crofton Lake also has a few bass,but mostly smaller fish
with the odd 4-5Lb. hog.

I am 100 percent on board with keeping Quamichan and Somenos that way. I fish Shawnigan all the time and love it. Is there a way to get a small boat into Crofton or is it a hike in and fish from shore type lake.

I am 100 percent on board with keeping Quamichan and Somenos that way. I fish Shawnigan all the time and love it. Is there a way to get a small boat into Crofton or is it a hike in and fish from shore type lake.
Yep,it's good 20 min. hike in,and shore fishing is almost impossible due to heavy brush around the lake and stumps and
submerged trees in the shallows.The guys that do fish it with any success use belly boats and fish amongst the
previously mentioned stumps and other structure around the lake.There are also some decent sized cuttys in there
also.

I might have to try that place out. My dads uncle has the property next to the lake. Have to check with my dad.

Back