Protest/Rally outside Vancouver DFO Office July 6th 12 to 1:30 PM

Yip. Good job on global. Hopefully they add another interview for the 11pm news. CBC article was really well written as well.

CTV coverage on the news was pretty marginal. I don't even think there was 30 seconds of coverage and never really explained anything about what's going on.

CTV coverage on the news was pretty marginal. I don't even think there was 30 seconds of coverage and never really explained anything about what's going on.
They don’t really care, sadly. The general public do not understand the difference between hatchery vs. wild Salmon. They think hatchery fish are synonymous with farmed fish or those raised in trout hatcheries to stock Freshwater lakes.

Good job everyone. Next time I am hoping I can get more friends and family out. If we can rotate and get the same amount or more people but new people show up for the next round it would be nice so that the same people aren't time and time again taking time out of their day to fight for the ENTIRE rec sector's rights. I hope constant and sustained pressure will make a big impact. DFO declining to comment is great... Sometime silence says more than words.. I do agree that it's sad that if the fishing reports says the fishing in on fire at south bowen, tons of people will get up in the middle of the night to prep their gear and get on the road to go fishing for that chance to get into good fish... yet the prospects of our fishing sector dissappearing doesn't garner the same attention and dedicated from the majority of our peers is extremely dissapointing.

Last edited:
I just got invited on the Mike Smythe show on 980 CKNW for an interview tomorrow at 11:35 AM. Radio gives you a better opportunity to talk about the issue.
He can be a **** if he doesn't agree with you.

Was a good protest today I’m glad I attended!! The speakers I though were excellent ! Good work and the interviews mean more exposure so keep up the fight !!

billydoo

Man all these guys that were there and nobody wanted to say hi! Jerks.

Well I did get a piece of the 11 pm story on Global. What was funny was there was a commercial fisher standing behind me up against his boat listening to the interview. After we finished (thank god he didn't interrupt while I was responding to questions) he pipes up that I was listening to the BS and I have a bit of a different take on it. So he started in an aggressive tone and I said wait, no need to get riled up we are likely on the same side on the important issues...we all want more fish. I then looked at the camera and wasn't sure if it was fired up again recording the confrontation. I said to the camera guy...oh sure this is what will make he news...he said no I'm not shooting. Well he was because there was a short clip of us talking on the 11 news after I said my bit...but no audio with it so onlookers would have no idea what was being discussed....but when I saw the video I thought oh here we go. lol He settled down quickly when I said I'm not against commercial fishing and we have to work together because we have important common goals and our differences are as not important...and a waste of time getting upset over because neither side is going to change the others mind on those...so focus on what we have in common. By the end of it we were having a civil conversation about whales, fishing etc. Also while I was looking for a place to park at Fishermen's wharf a seagull **** into my half open drivers window nailing me on my arm and leg. Just what you need right before being in front of a news camera. lol

Back