New to me Boat!

I had the day off today and the kids were over at there grandparents for a sleep over last night and didn’t come home until after dinner today. My wife and I spent the whole day working on the boat together. I had already glassed the floor in the last couple of nights so we tackled building the shelf’s and glassing them in. Also got after sanding down the panels for the bulk head and drilling out the holes for the scuppers. I sure hope the floor is high enough...

Picked up some polyurethane brightside for the walls and shelf’s and some interdeck for the floor, so that will be next on the list of things to do.

8790C76A-9C77-439D-8448-4BAB313BFF14.jpeg BE585148-63BD-4EB3-AEA3-FBB5F16FE29C.png 7F022685-899E-492C-8D35-15E29F98A76E.jpeg

Spent my spare time on the weekend painting the back deck of the boat. Wish I would have ground down the seams... they didn’t look as bad pre paint! Still have to put down the anti skid paint on so maybe that will hide them a bit.

Also sanded down one side of the boat to prep for paint. This is after 60 grit and 120 grit I’m going to hit it one more time with 220 before moving to the other side.

Also thought I’d throw up a couple before pictures since the other ones aren’t coming back...

02247939-EFDE-4F79-A16E-96719A3FE808.jpeg 3E835E5F-5BC8-41A9-A15F-0C234B5688C1.jpeg 6C189EA7-A4C1-473F-A088-84CA410AE061.jpeg 1405F946-55D9-4BA1-87CC-3A9DF9AA68CF.jpeg

That boat looks SOOOOO good! I can’t recall what you are doing for power. Could you please remind me?

That boat looks SOOOOO good! I can’t recall what you are doing for power. Could you please remind me?

I think I have it narrowed down to either a 300 Suzuki or 300 etec G2. I am going to wait for the boat show and see what kind of deals can be found.

It's not too late to grind out the seams,then paint coat before nonskid,you'll regret not doing it if you don't.I have a brother -in-law that repowered his 26 Hourston (Sportfish model) with a 300 Suzuki and he likes it but he say's it burns 14 gal. at cruising speed (30 mph),not cheap. The initial cost of twins will obviously be more but they won't be working as hard as the single so should get better mileage.But then there's double the maintenance ,so tough call.Whatever you end up doing your going to love the ride in the rough stuff.

It's not too late to grind out the seams,then paint coat before nonskid,you'll regret not doing it if you don't.I have a brother -in-law that repowered his 26 Hourston (Sportfish model) with a 300 Suzuki and he likes it but he say's it burns 14 gal. at cruising speed (30 mph),not cheap. The initial cost of twins will obviously be more but they won't be working as hard as the single so should get better mileage.But then there's double the maintenance ,so tough call.Whatever you end up doing your going to love the ride in the rough stuff.
My 26 Hourston with twin 150 mercs only burns 10 gals per hr for both

My 26 Hourston with twin 150 mercs only burns 10 gals per hr for both

And the brand new 200 Mercs are supposed to get better mileage than the 150’s with larger displacement. Should be a good choice I would think. Not bad for cruising fuel burn on that size boat.

Oly

I think your right. I will grind down the visible seams before I add the nonskid.

Twins are no longer a option as the pod was designed for a single 300 with a 30” shaft. The initial cost of twins and the added maintenance made them unaffordable for me.

Sanding, Sanding and sanding that’s what I’ve been doing for the last while... I sure wish the guy I bought this boat from wouldn’t have tried to paint it...

Any ways I thought I would take a brake and fit the back panels and door for the bulk head. I flipped the hinge around so the door now opens the opposite way and the rear console will go on the starboard side.

Now that that’s done it’s back to sanding. I am pretty happy with how the 2 back panels turned out so I may try painting the roof myself once the weather smartens up.

60888947-7FC8-4624-849F-D8FF6C1C880C.jpeg

Just saw your previous post

The roof is going to stay the same height. I’m 6’2” and can stand up inside no problem I will be modifying the door and back panels to fit as they are staying as well. The floor in the cabin will also stay the same. I ripped up the back section to remove the rot as there was no drain.. I then installed two drain pipes on either side of the keel board that run under the fuel tank and into the bilge. I am thinking about adding a step to assist with getting into and out of the cabin but am not totally sure it’s needed.

There is no shortage of things to work on during this project! I picked up some teak last week and ripped it down, put some groves in it, routered the edges and then rubbed some “nut butter “ on it. These will be used on top of the side gunnels as well as the back gunnels for coming over from the transom. After that I pulled the hatch for the cuddy and cleaned it all up. I think I will pull all the windows and re bed them.

I swung by the harbour chandler this weekend for there sale and picked up a new porta potty, led all around light, led port and starboard lights and a new antenna mount. Porta potty is mounted. Now I need to paint and glue down the plywood it’s mounted to.

I also slapped a few coats of paint on the roof. It’s not perfect. I didn’t fair the roof good enough and you can see some imperfections. I think what I’ll do is mount all the hardware on the roof and then tape off all the rolled edges and then kiwi grip the top where the flybridge was. That way all the imperfections will be hidden and the roof will be anti slip when I’m walking around up there.

E0E68F59-5868-48AE-AB67-94F179434E6E.jpeg E7109CB7-5651-4880-BE16-6E6D9290A3CF.jpeg 9EBF7079-D997-4012-837D-9757A3810456.jpeg 15C5205D-A9EB-4769-91F0-EE786BCB87F3.jpeg 0D4685CD-CEA6-4ABC-B777-754C9EAB4F6F.jpeg

This felt good to get done! I got the door painted and hung, Painted the inside of the gunnels and mounted some aluminum angle to protect the shelf’s. This didn’t happen in one day as this paint requires minimum 3 coats to cover...

Back to sanding the outside of the hill for me.

E935E96C-F79E-49C8-9853-EFBEC0006755.jpeg

Back