New to me Boat!

Both helms are now installed, as well as all the steering hoses between helms and to the back of the boat. The area to mount the binnacle controls was a little mangled from years of rerigging so I decided to put a piece of starboard down to mount the binnacle to and clean the area up. The control panel for the out board is now mounted to the inside piece that closes up the binnacle area and will be hidden away once everything is hooked up.

11F3C6E1-0126-4FEC-9E31-899F4739A7D9.jpeg 56240DC0-3DBC-4ED4-8C0F-61007ACCE11C.jpeg FD324EF5-028C-4C6A-9BB0-BB1564696C10.jpeg BED6EC14-6A83-473B-8AFC-7E6E9A383B6D.jpeg

Very nice, especially the rear steering station :) when should I start on your radar arch/rod holders lol

Very nice, especially the rear steering station :) when should I start on your radar arch/rod holders lol

The rear station turned out awesome! Thanks again for hooking me up!

As for the rod holders I have another member on the site is building me some stainless rod holders!

I should be picking them up this weekend!

Looks good! Fun project.....just a bit of work however. Lol Nice that you were able to cover up some of that "chainsaw" work from the original control installation too.

Last edited:
A road trip to Kelowna was in order this weekend to pick up some rod holders and hand rails that @Clint r whipped up for me! Can’t wait to get these bolted down there going to look awesome! Also managed to finish up the install on the trim tabs.

Thanks a bunch Clint! I threw the rod holders on the roof and it looks like they will fit perfect.

0F0A6A7B-30E4-46CB-8434-FF27DBB2E5DA.jpeg 21392ED0-114F-40E2-B508-B9E25CDE036E.jpeg

Nice looking stainless work,if anybody do's work like that in Victoria ,I need some grab rails for my hardtop.

I bought some of the Amarine rod holders for my last boat and was surprised at the good quality for the price.I need 2 grab rails about 4 ft. long,anybody know who sells them,welded not pieced together?

This might sound goofy to some, and this is definitely the "budget" option, but when I was outfitting new rails on my old boat (that I was sick of throwing money at) the shower section at various online retailers produced very good value for 3'-4' rails. I actually ended up going with shower rails and you'd never know it.

I'm a commercial glazier in lower mainland if anyone wants a price on going that route, send me a PM and I'll send you a list of websites that I can order handles from at a discount.

Got the rod holders mounted today! They really put the finishing touch on the boat. Got the wrong size bolts for the hand rails so they will have to wait. I still have to mount the around light and rear deck flood lights on the rod holder then pull some wire through for them. Clint was nice enough to pre drill the holes under each mounting pad.

Not sure if I mentioned it before but I had some tinted plexi glass cut to size for the round port holes. You can see them installed in the lower pic.

Still need to pick a name. It was named “Moody blue” when I bought it but I am open to suggestion on a new name!

@Rayvon i would get in touch with Clint. His prices are very reasonable and I believe he is coming to the island in the spring.

88D8891B-259D-460C-81B7-6CE6B0DB4AA8.jpeg D5B9BF1D-D46D-4503-AE43-18805F28BB76.jpeg

Got the rod holders mounted today! They really put the finishing touch on the boat. Got the wrong size bolts for the hand rails so they will have to wait. I still have to mount the around light and rear deck flood lights on the rod holder then pull some wire through for them. Clint was nice enough to pre drill the holes under each mounting pad.

Not sure if I mentioned it before but I had some tinted plexi glass cut to size for the round port holes. You can see them installed in the lower pic.

Still need to pick a name. It was named “Moody blue” when I bought it but I am open to suggestion on a new name!

@Rayvon i would get in touch with Clint. His prices are very reasonable and I believe he is coming to the island in the spring.

View attachment 41694 View attachment 41693
So sick. But if you rename it don't you need to kill a goat or something?

I wanted to show my wife the awesome work you've done but I'm unable to see any pics from the first few pages. Maybe post another before (and after) pic as the project comes to completion. Looks great.

Back