Mercury 15hp Pro Kicker

MadJigga

I'm thinking of getting one. Who has first hand knowledge with this kicker? I want to hear the good and the bad

I have a9.9 mercury pro. Runs awesome and pushes my 2459 Trophy no problem

I'm thinking of getting one. Who has first hand knowledge with this kicker? I want to hear the good and the bad
I had a 9.9 Pro Kicker and it was obnoxiously loud. I’m getting an E-TEC 15HO on my next build. I hear good things about them. The HO puts it over 20HP I believe.

I had a 9.9 Pro Kicker and it was obnoxiously loud. I’m getting an E-TEC 15HO on my next build. I hear good things about them. The HO puts it over 20HP I believe.

Love the E-Tec engines had nothing but good service out of my ‘06 175 but I might be a little leary about a 2 stroke as a kicker. Not that the E-Tec’s inject a lot but still, it’s more than any 4 stroke will. Just a thought is all. I ran the Johnson/ Suzuki 9.9 kicker alongside my main and it was a great little kicker. Purred like a kitten smooth as glass that little motor changed the oils in it once a season and plugs once a year other than that it was 10 years of not a glitch.

I have a 2017 15 pro kicker on my Kingfisher 2025 Escape and it idles down and trolls well and seems to push the boat pretty good through the wind and waves on Quesnel lake, would also push the boat up to about 7MPH at wide open which would slowly get you home if needed but I can't speak to how it would do in an ocean current. It seemed to start well in cool temps when I had it out last fall and the power trim cycles up and down nice and quick. Maintenance was pretty easy also with an easily accessible side mount oil filter and an oil drain on the midsection. Just to note though mine is still the carbureted model so I'm sure the new fuelie would be even better than what I have and I'm overall pretty happy with mine albeit I only have last season on it.

I’ve got a 2015 15hp merc and like it more than my 2 previous Yamaha 9.9s. I find it quiet compared to the 9.9. I’ve had no real problems knock on wood

Back