Member of Parliament Judicial Inquiry!

Peahead

e-mail from A. Morton:

Hello All

Good News Finally! Peter Julian, Member of Parliament – New Westminster has just launched a petition for a Judicial Inquiry into the Fraser sockeye crash.

CONSIDER THIS: If there had been a Judicial Inquiry into the declining North Atlantic cod, we would have rebuilt that fish stock by now because we would have discovered that the critical research by Dr. Ransom Myers of DFO was being suppressed by DFO (Department of Fisheries and Oceans).

Here we are again. DFO is completely silent, they have not even acknowledged that the Fraser sockeye crash pattern is extremely specific and provided the media with misinformation.

A judicial inquiry will place people under oath so they can be heard over the politics.

Please go to Peter Julian’s website: http://peterjulian.ndp.ca/node/864

And download the petition document, and sign: http://peterjulian.ndp.ca/sites/def...nquiry on salmon crisis_October 2009.ENG_.pdf

This has to be a paper copy, there can be 1 signature on a page, or a full page of signatures, the address is on the document and postage to the federal government is free.

You cannot say you care about wild salmon if you don’t make this effort. This will make a very big difference in the future of BC and the eastern pacific.

Alexandra Morton
Www.adopt-a-fry.org

I fully support this petition. We need to use every and all tactics available to us as citizens to get our apathetic government to wake up and take action to prevent what the diaster they let happen on the east coast.

I challenge all the members of this forum to print up the petition and fill it with as many signatures they can and then mail it off to be counted. There is only one certainty regarding this issue. Inaction on the part of sports fisherman will lead to further loss of our wild salmon.

Long live wild salmon!!!

Got my first copy of the petition already filled out. That was just from one morning on the way to work to boot.

Imagine if we al lset out to acheive just that. If we take the few moments to enlighten those outside our circles, we may just have some real impact.

HL

Back