Looking for some help

Charts

I am looking at doing a bit of a winter project on my 24 Wellcraft walk-around. I am looking at putting in a fillet/cutting board off the back coming up from the floor on the transom side of the Wellcraft "false wall". I am going to custom make my own top but need advice on legs. I was thinking two 2 inch stainless or aluminum legs about 36' tall then the top on top of the two legs. I am hoping to use a floor flange style so I can pull it out and stow it if need be. My question is will 2 inch be to big? Could I get away with 1-1/2? Would you go stainless..aluminum.. galvanized? Also where can I find flanges like that? Thanks for your time.

Stainless. Google “marine flanges” you’ll get lots of hits. Many sizes and make ups available. Any good marine store carries them, ie. harbour chandler

I would use 1" SS rail parts. Available at any marine store and you can customize it however you like. Plenty strong.

Great thanks. I wasn't sure that 1 inch would be strong enough but worth a shot!!
You can always add some tees and put another rail part way up too. Hang stuff off it?

Maybe post up a photo of the installation area for people to see. There are lots of options out there.

Back