Local Guide for Wife and I

Jamesonm

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I have caught the fishing bug big time. We are hoping to go out with a local fishing guide to learn some tips and tricks we can mimic and start to employ in our little setup.

Does anyone have recommendations for local charters? We'd like to go out for about 6 hours or so inshore. We don't care about someone cleaning our fish. We just want to get out, hook on to some, ask some questions and have a great time on the water.

Located in Victoria. Willing to travel on the island, but would be nice to stay local.

Thanks in advance.

J

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I have caught the fishing bug big time. We are hoping to go out with a local fishing guide to learn some tips and tricks we can mimic and start to employ in our little setup.

Does anyone have recommendations for local charters? We'd like to go out for about 6 hours or so inshore. We don't care about someone cleaning our fish. We just want to get out, hook on to some, ask some questions and have a great time on the water.

Located in Victoria. Willing to travel on the island, but would be nice to stay local.

Thanks in advance.

J
Profisher or Wolf both fish out of Sooke and would show you a great time and teach you a lot

Jason from bonchovy is great and is also based out of Sidney near Victoria half the time. He’ll be happy to show you some things too.

Based on what you have said you want to get out of the charter... pick someone in the area you will be fishing and want to learn about.
Lots of good guides on this site. Just a matter of finding one that is available on your dates. Weekends most good charters are booked up for the season. Gotta book in advance.

Ya I can basically make any day work. I was hoping to capitalize on the unfortunate travel restrictions.

Kind of standby status.

Thanks for your recommendations everyone.

Tips, not true...most repeat charter clientele prefer weekdays....for the same reasons everyone else does.

Thanks everyone! I've made some inquiries based on your comments. Now I just have to convince the wife to shell out the cash

We have a small 15' yellow vanguard with an old merc thunderbolt 850 that I've been wrenching on. It's our first boat and I've been learning a lot. It still needs work but a fun project for the two of us.

We live a couple of blocks from Esquimalt anglers and always put it there. Say hello if you see us

Back