Itchy for hunting yet?

Little Hawk

Don't know about the rest of you but I sure am gettin' pumped about huntin' already.

Got an LEH moose - last half of Oct near Chilko Lk - so it'll be off to the East Kootenay's mid Oct to try to whack a late bull elk before they close on the 20th. Buddy and I also each got our whitey antlerless draws so we do that business up there as well. Never been west of Williams Lk so I'm stoked about seeing a new area.

How bout' the rest of you? Plans made yet?

Good luck to all!

Mountain Goat hunt mid Novemeber both a buddy and I got LEH, Possible moose trip and deer trip combined in with that

My Partner, wife and I each got a antlerless Whitetail and will be heading to Creston area for 6 point Elk, Immature Bull Moose, Mule deer, Trout from Kootney Lake, ducks, geese, and of course whitetails.:D

Goose hunting in Alberta Sept 17 to the 22nd then bull moose LEH at Horsefly Oct 1 to..........no later than Oct 14th. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

VI Black Tail for poor me. But, on the other hand going fishing out of Winter Harbour this weekend. tight lines,........BB

Currently there is a HUGE forest fire in the Taseko/Chilko Lake area. Hopefully it will be out long before hunting starts but the fire and associated activity may drive the game from the area? I seem to remember something like 325 sq. miles is on fire! It was very easy to see the smoke when driving back from Bella Coola last week.
This year's hunting season will be a bit different for us as some of our favorite areas all got burned up.

Off guiding in Sept/early Oct for moose and bear, then hunt BT on the island until the late season moose and mulie hunt in Nov.

Should be another fun year!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Still have 2 more fishing trips and then 2 LEH Bull moose last week Sept, first of Oct, 2 doe mulies early Nov and 1 bison Nov 20 and then Santa is here!!

Hey Tyeegalore ... sweet outdoor schedule :D

Santa came early right? 2 bull moose tags, 2 antlerless mulie tags and a bison [:0] ... all in one year?

Or did you grease the palm of the draw supervisor at MoE to get such LEH luck? [}:)]:D

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Hey Striper! Was in Horsefly two yrs ago on a stop-over heading north to Stoney Lk west of Quesnel.

Had one of the worst scares of my life while driving.

Imagine this: It's 2 am and you're heading out of 150-Mile House headed for the bush north of Horsefly. I'm doing 60 or so in my old 24-ft C-class motorhome towing a trailer with our bikes and gear. It's a standard 2-lane highway and we're cruising along with fresh coffee's and the tunes cranked when suddenly all systems CRASH! No motor, no lights - NO NOTHING! I'M DOING 60 AND I CAN'T SEE MY HAND IN FRONT OF MY FACE! That's a terrible feeling by the way. Managed to wrestle her to a stop within a few feet of the embankment. Later we discovered the hot-wire from the battery had grounded-out on the engine block. Re-insulated it and away we went.

What I remember best about Horsefly was having breakfast at the little restaurant there and the crazy (nice crazy) lady who ran the place.

Excalibur: If there's any advise on Reg 5-04 (A) you could share with me - good place to camp near a lake or river? - please PM me. Thanks!

silversaw@telus.net

Hey Little Hawk, glad to hear that everything worked out OK for you. This is my first time up there however my buddy from Qualicum also got drawn and he knows the area pretty well. Soooooooo, how did you guys make out? SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Hey Little Hawk, that ladies name at the cafe wasn't "Ena" by any chance. Friend of ours lived outside of Horsefly and worked in a cafe there. Does fit her personality:D

Regards,

Fishyboy99

Heading off in 16 days for two weeks with the wife, dad and his partner for our annuaul elk trip.[:p][:p] The fever is kicking in.Hopefully get a chance to pop a nice mulie also.

One trip planned and thats for our annual hunt to sask in mid nov.

So the plan is leave on wed get into calgary stay the night wake up and go to that new bass pro shop in north calgary spend a bit of money (YA RIGHT), back to motel clean up then off to saddledome to watch a flames game that thursday night against chicago then leave the next morning for sask!!!!
Big feast!!!!! seafood of course the next night then hunt all week for whitetail.
yes life is good

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

SS: We did manage to hook up with the guys north of Horsefly (friends from Victoria 3 of whom I'd hunted with 10 yrs previously) but only spent one night in their camp. They all whimped out and decided not to head up to Stoney Lk with us as originally planned.

Stoney Lk was an experience. The place was completely devoid of game and hunters. Apparently there was a short moose-opening the week or so before we got up there and all the locals were in there and whacked everything, as was evidenced by an endless procession of sets of moose-legs laying beside the road everywhere we went. In the week we were up there we saw maybe a couple of does and that was it.

Buddy and I got caught in a serious storm while out on our bikes on the first full day up there. We rode out about 25 or 30 clicks up this valley and a hail/snow storm came up behind us. We got soaked and hypothermic on the ride back to camp. It was serious stuff as we were basically the only people at the lake and a long way from camp. At one point - and I can laugh about it now - buddy Ray on his Honda-90/Trail went flying past me at about 50 screaming something (reminded me of Bubbles on the Trailer Park boys) about his throttle cable being stuck wide-open from the cold. Served him right for not replacing the cable like I'd suggested.

Island blacktails to start.
Off to guide in AlleyBertha last week of October - Monster Mulies.
November I have 2 weeks off - elk and whitetail tags in hand, still in Alberta. Continue guiding for whitetails until the first week on December, then a run back to finish off on more blacktails.

Getting Itchy? DAMN STRAIGHT!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

now that today is opening day of wolf season for the first time in Idaho do any of you have any tips on harvesting one of these blood thirsty elk killers? Bugle and cow call??

First hunt for my son this year in September, then 4 day hunt in october for whites and mules and then an LEH moose hunt in nov. Top it off with a new 270 short mag and i am getting a little antzie.

HPIM1274-1.jpg

Back