I am looking for a good quality tongue Jack

Sitkaspruce

I am tired of my tongue jack seizing up!!!

I grease and maintain them, but they seize up.

Any recommendations on a good quality one and where I can find them. I will down in CR tomorrow and will try to find a good one.

Thanks

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Let me know if you find one that will last more than 3 seasons!:(

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Welcome to big business "planned obsolescence" or how to make the working man pay again and again and again.

AL

Fulton F2, I have one, it is the badass of tongue jacks. West Marine carries them if you cannot find it in CR.

Fulton F2 is the way to go. I have never had to grease mine. It is ajustable to your tailer unlike other jacks. Has a wheel brake I wouldn't trust though,but good on flat ground. The handle holder is garbage as well. The first time one of your friends goes to crank it with out removing the lock, its broken but who needs it anyway.Call around they range from $109-$159. Harbor Chandler has them most of the time for $109. Parker Marine $120 and change last I saw. IMS $140. They come in single and two wheel models most often for the same price. The big fat wheel make it a dream to move my boat around on my driveway. I bought the single wheel model. Both models rated for 1600lbs.

I would buy another if I need two.

Unless you really want the wheel and swivel, I'd consider this Fulton:

FULTON 2,500 lb. Capacity Fixed Mount Jack w/Drop Leg #HD2500-0101

My boat/trailer is close to 12,000 lb, and this jack really holds up. Does require some lubing annually.

Richard Cook
New Moon (Bounty 257)
"Cruising in a Big Way"

Back