Good Restaurants near Oak Bay Marina

Sentinel

Some friends and I are going to be in the area this weekend and I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a decent restaurant or two within walking distance of the Marina. The one at the Marina looks nice but a bit high brow for our crew! A place that serves local made brews would be high on the list! Thanks in advance!

The pub in the Oak Bay Beach Hotel is good.

Had a couple pints in the Penny Farthing Pub which is an old English style pub....it was okay and within walking distance.

Penny Farthing is a good spot and is walking distance, but it is on the higher end for pub-fare.

I haven't had a chance to try to pub in the OBBH yet.

A $5 cab or 20 minute walk from the Marina to Christie's Carriage House Pub on Fort Street (just past Richmond near the Oak Bay Junction) would probably fit the bill perfectly... local beer, talented staff, heated patio, and a little easier on the bank account than the Penny.

The Marina restaurant is worth a meal for the view if you have the better half with you, but its a little high-end for a guys night in my opinion.

A 20 minute walk to the Pub is no problem its the stumble back I would worry about. Thanks guys!

There are tons of restaurants in greater Victoria;interestingly a general Trip Advisor Oak Bay search only comes up with 2.So one could expand the search - include a lager radius and also implement other review sites i.e. Yelp,Foursquare and other similar review sites.Of course like any internet/forum review,one needs to take reviews with a grain of salt...;)

Highly recommend the Oak Bay Beach Hotel ( the snug) for breakie or lunch. Great food, coffee and you can't beat the view.

Highly recommend the Oak Bay Beach Hotel ( the snug) for breakie or lunch. Great food, coffee and you can't beat the view.

x2...took the girlfriend there for valentines, bought access to the pools, hot tubs, steam room. have a beer and drink in the view from a hot tub, then go eat a fabulous meal at the pub! It's a one day vacation.

x2...took the girlfriend there for valentines, bought access to the pools, hot tubs, steam room. have a beer and drink in the view from a hot tub, then go eat a fabulous meal at the pub! It's a one day vacation.

Well we got blown off the water Last Saturday so we did the Pub Crawl. We hit Penny Farthing first then did some grocery shopping and got some stove fuel at the Hdwr store. I looked at my phone and said hell were not far from Christies. We hit that for a pint then back to boat. Pretty good walk but worth it. We cleaned up a bit and went to the Oak Bay Beach hotel snug pub for a few. All great suggestions but out of the three the snug pub was our favorite! Thanks for all the great suggestions! One more Question though is there a fishing license vendor within walking distance of Oak Bay Marina? Would like to come back and get my new license for the 2015-2016 season. Again, Thanks all!

I forgot to ask when we were there. Their website says no but I will call and ask.

Back