Getting outboard hours printout

Tightlines22

Is there any way to get an accurate reading of hours on an outboard without taking to a dealer? My main is a 2007 Yamaha 200 that I'd like to know about. If a dealer/shop is the only way, what is the cost to have a reading taken?
TL22

Personally I would go on line and purchase the Yamaha Diagnostic kit which includes the CD and cable to connect to your outboard. If you have a laptop, or family has, load the s/w, turn your key to the on position and you are done. Cost you about $75 now a days a gives you everything including trouble codes, etc. Excellent tool and it will save you in the long run.

Drinks idea sounds good.

When I had my etec done before buying it it was 0.5 hrs shop time to hook the lap top up, so about $55

Awesome suggestion. I will do just that unless anyone in Parksville-Qualicum has one I can buy/borrow/rent...

X2 on the Diagnostic kit.

I like this idea, any recommendations on where to purchase the diagnostics kit from. I see amazon has it but wondering if there’s any suggestions

I like this idea, any recommendations on where to purchase the diagnostics kit from. I see amazon has it but wondering if there’s any suggestions
I bought mine on-line somewhere years ago with no hassles. Sims Yamaha via Andy in the USA sells them but more expensive. If you own a Yamaha it has been the most cost saving tool,I have ever purchased as it contains all the PDF's for trouble codes and was useful to give an accurate info when I sold my boat.

5D8E923E-744C-4833-835F-FCE1ED99D6CD.jpeg Here is an example as the previous owner had no kicker so evident of low rpm, said I was making oil so solution run motor WOT for 3 hours. Bingo.

So what I’m reading is the YDS kit is good for engines up to 2012 and “some” newer engines. I’m having a tough time figuring out what this exactly means. I have a 2013 F150 and am wondering if this will work or if I’d have to use the newer YDS 2.0. Anyone have experience with this

So what I’m reading is the YDS kit is good for engines up to 2012 and “some” newer engines. I’m having a tough time figuring out what this exactly means. I have a 2013 F150 and am wondering if this will work or if I’d have to use the newer YDS 2.0. Anyone have experience with this
Mine was version 1.33 on a 2006 F250 so it worked fine and the Version 2.0 can't answer to. My suggestion is to drop an email to Sims Yamaha ask the question and Andy will get back to you with what will work best.

Mine was version 1.33 on a 2006 F250 so it worked fine and the Version 2.0 can't answer to. My suggestion is to drop an email to Sims Yamaha ask the question and Andy will get back to you with what will work best.

I emailed Andy and he was quite helpful, however they’re out of stock so he recommended eBay

Mine was for a 2003 F150, from my quick googling does look like youd need the YDIS 2.13 version which isnt on Ebay

I found some guys with 2015 F150’s that the original YDS work on so I took the chance and ordered one. If it doesn’t work then it will be for sale I guess

Assuming Yammi has one for its big Outboards, why not get a computerized digital smart gauge. I have one for my big Merc and the first thing it display's for a few seconds when the power to the motor is turned on is the total motor hours. Normally it then changes to rpm but can display motor trim angle, temperature, fuel burn, voltage and lots of other useful information.

Last edited:
Back