Gas prices up again

BC Hydro has tons of surplus energy, Part of the reason why people were against site C.

They just like selling the electricity to the states rather than canadians because they make more $$.

Hydro is also one of the most efficient and cleanest batteries. During the day when your getting excess solar power pump water up into a dam and at night release it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-environment/hoover-dam-renewable-energy.html

The $3 Billion Plan to Turn Hoover Dam Into a Giant Battery

Thats great .The problem is only 5 out of 50 households on a block can be supplyed to to charge your electric cars.Whats everyone else on the block going to do to pay for your upgrades that haven't been invented yet so we may apply without brown outs?The grid can't handle electic cars for everyone yet.I say make the greenies pay for the upgrades to the hydro systemin there auto plan.
I think I read where the charging system ( level 2) draws as much power as a clothes dryer or an electric oven. I guess if that’s true we’ll also have to ration laundry day and dinner hour as well?

BC Hydro has tons of surplus energy, Part of the reason why people were against site C.

They just like selling the electricity to the states rather than canadians because they make more $$.

Hydro is also one of the most efficient and cleanest batteries. During the day when your getting excess solar power pump water up into a dam and at night release it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-environment/hoover-dam-renewable-energy.html

The $3 Billion Plan to Turn Hoover Dam Into a Giant Battery
Our economy is resource selling based. We need exports to keep our economy going

Weird gas war last night in maple ridge. $1.39 a litre at most gas stations. The one we stopped at on Harris road had ran out of gas. We were coming home from mission and the gas in maple ridge was cheaper than mission

Sunny ways equals more we pay.
giphy.gif

Why does nobody understand. Its the 2 year so far HORGAN Tax. How long more to go? Been in the far North for last 6 weeks, $112 in PG for weeks, FSJ and Alaska Highway $109-111 ltr. Closer to Horgan towns and price increased. He said we like paying highest gas prices, cost of screwing suppliers. If Libs win next week I expect higher....

HM

Thankfully we have the report and the information it provides to help enlighten us to the pricing regime in the oil industry in BC. We know how much of the price of gas comes from various municipal, prov, and fed taxes.

What it also pointed out is the oil industries inability and/or refusal to explain 13 cents that they tack on the price of gas in BC just because they can. This indicates that they have a corporate price fixing monopoly (definitely not free market capitalism) and they feel confident that no one is going to stop them from charging extra now and perhaps even more in the future. This IMHO is total BS and we as consumers should depend true competitive pricing in the industry, not unjustifiable price fixing!

Thankfully we have the report and the information it provides to help enlighten us to the pricing regime in the oil industry in BC. We know how much of the price of gas comes from various municipal, prov, and fed taxes.

What it also pointed out is the oil industries inability and/or refusal to explain 13 cents that they tack on the price of gas in BC just because they can. This indicates that they have a corporate price fixing monopoly (definitely not free market capitalism) and they feel confident that no one is going to stop them from charging extra now and perhaps even more in the future. This IMHO is total BS and we as consumers should depend true competitive pricing in the industry, not unjustifiable price fixing!
Would that 13 cents per liter be classified as profit?

Just visited Superstore pumps in Langford,,,,only premium available ($1.75) Off to Costco I go but line-up was out to the road. I'll wait for another day. Might have to suck some out of the wife's Mini if I want to go fishing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...quiry-into-gas-prices-in-b-c-report-1.5266014

The report found that retail market prices can be controlled by five refiner-marketers.

"Refiner marketers — including Parkland, Suncor, Shell, and Husky — have greater direct control over pricing in B.C.'s retail stations when compared to the Canadian average," said Morton.

That said, the report noted that there is no evidence of collusion among the retail operators or of cartel behaviour.

Back