Florida Keys Charters...

ReelSlim

Crew Member
Like the title says.....We are heading down to Disney the last week in February and then sneaking down to the keys for 4 days before we head back. We will based out of Marathon but will have a vehicle if I need to travel a bit as well. Basically looking for any intel on a Charter that anyone may have taken in the area. Chances are it will be just me and my 10 year old son. I'm open to back water flats fishing or fishing the humps and wrecks offshore. The boy has his sea legs so either style trip is an option. Thanks!

ReelSlim
It’s been a quite a few years, but I’ve fished with Steve Rodger - Spear One Charters out of Key West. 1305 2949311 -
spearonefishing.com. We mostly fished Kings - large mackerel that grow over 30#’s and swim extremely fast. If you toss live bait and cast surface lures, the kings will take the lure 6 ft. In the air. Wire leaders are a must. On my last trip we also caught a couple of Cobia.
Good fishing
Stosh

Like the title says.....We are heading down to Disney the last week in February and then sneaking down to the keys for 4 days before we head back. We will based out of Marathon but will have a vehicle if I need to travel a bit as well. Basically looking for any intel on a Charter that anyone may have taken in the area. Chances are it will be just me and my 10 year old son. I'm open to back water flats fishing or fishing the humps and wrecks offshore. The boy has his sea legs so either style trip is an option. Thanks!
You can give Ben Trainer a call. He is on Facebook

ReelSlim
It’s been a quite a few years, but I’ve fished with Steve Rodger - Spear One Charters out of Key West. 1305 2949311 -
spearonefishing.com. We mostly fished Kings - large mackerel that grow over 30#’s and swim extremely fast. If you toss live bait and cast surface lures, the kings will take the lure 6 ft. In the air. Wire leaders are a must. On my last trip we also caught a couple of Cobia.
Good fishing
Stosh

Thanks Stosh…..

I am leaning more towards some offshore fishing like you mention. The boy can handle some decent sized fish now I think and I like the open water better as well. I did do a back water trip with my dad 20 years ago for Trout and Snook which was fun as well.

Back