Don’t want to kill salmon by c and r

20 Boats at one time on Langford Sunday, plus all the play boats. Lots of trout being caught but a bit of a gong show with the wind. You'd think someone standing there would yell when your about to back over their kayak.:rolleyes:

Very recently Largemouth Bass have been put into Prospect Lake. Should help control the toad population but also jeopardize the existing fish population...

They have changed the regulations for bass this year . Some lakes have a 4 fish day limit and some lakes are unlimited ,also no spawning season catch and release in effect anymore.

Last edited:
Very recently Largemouth Bass have been put into Prospect Lake. Should help control the toad population but also jeopardize the existing fish population...
Wonder if they are the fish I have been marking at 40'. Schooled up and not moving at 55 F.

Wonder if they are the fish I have been marking at 40'. Schooled up and not moving at 55 F.
That sounds about right. The Smallmouth would be in the shallows at that temp starting their pre-spawn routines.
Using a tube jig or crayfish imitator and very very slow jigging (one ever 30 Seconds) would be the ticket to getting them

Only a week ago picking the shore line was the ticket for all bass. As of now only the ones sitting on nests are in the shallows, and they very gently pick up stuff that invades their nests, almost undetectable. I've been finding the big boys are hanging out right at the drop off, 6-10' of water. My observations anyways. I've been fishing "wacky" rigged worms and fly fishing with big zonkers. Funny, I had a 18" rainbow hit a worm beinging reeled in sideways.

Watch out for the eagle south of the island on Prospect. Lost a nice trout at the net when he swooped in too close for comfort this morning.

Back