Cannon or Scotty

tyeeking

Got a new boat on order that I expect to take delivery of in 30-days. Of course a new boat means new equipment. So what is the opinion of the forum . . . .Scotty Electrics or Cannon Electrics? I look forward to your thoughts.

Cannon is a US thing

Scotty will Own Cannon soon! if they don't already those cannons will antiques soon

Look at Scotty's and their products they put cannon to shame

Another one for Scotty.
Lifetime warranty is not bad either. Strong and reliable.

SCOTTY!!! Do we even have to ask? [:p]WHat kinda boat did you pick up?

Gone Fishn,

I bought a 22' Weldcraft Maverick with 250 Yamaha 4-stroke. I really like the way that the 2' offshore bracket is actually a hull extension making it a 24' hull. Tons of room. I stepped up to the air suspension seats to absorb some of the rougher riding traits of a helm forward aluminum boat.

Cannon all the way. I have had cannon digitrolls for the past 5 years and they require zero service. I have a freind that I have fished with for the past 6 years and he is always replacing some thing on the scottys all these little peices of plastic that stop them and the belts that wear out. You do have to spend a bit more but the cannons work great. My Cannon even tracks the bottom so I just set it to hold the lure 10 feet off the bottom and no worring about snagging up. Cannon rules.

Cannon has a mixed record here in BC they disappeared from local stores and now a few fringe retailers are handling them but the service (if they need it) is out of Abbotsford-Mike's Reel Repair.

With Scotty you can find parts anywhere which can make a great deal of difference.

quote:Originally posted by battaglino

Cannon all the way. I have had cannon digitrolls for the past 5 years and they require zero service. I have a freind that I have fished with for the past 6 years and he is always replacing some thing on the scottys all these little peices of plastic that stop them and the belts that wear out. You do have to spend a bit more but the cannons work great. My Cannon even tracks the bottom so I just set it to hold the lure 10 feet off the bottom and no worring about snagging up. Cannon rules.

Battaglino

Do you not find that bottom following thingy majig a pain the the butt?? How do you keep the tension tight on the rod and line?

I fished with one many years ago and it was a pain, we could never keep the tension right, especially when we were winter spring fishing along the reefs of Barcley Sound. We shut it off after a while and fished them normal. Also how does the "Plastic" Boom hold up"

SS

Sitka

Never realy had any problems with the line tension it gives you something to do waiting for the fish to bite. It is nice in avoiding the hang ups. I also will have it go up or down 10 20 feet on a pattern. It seems to **** them off. I also us an underwater camera from time to time which is really a blast.

I had 4 Cannon's on my last boat, including one digi-troll. They all worked well and were very dependable. When I sold the boat I kept the digi-troll (still going strong after 10 years) and let the other Cannons go with the boat. When I got my new boat I bought 2 Scotty's because of price and speed. I love them and will probably never go back to Cannon. However, Cannon has made some big changes in the speed and they are now as fast if not faster than Scotty's.

Slabby are you going to sell the digi troll? What model is it? I miss the days when you canidians where manly men and did not allow electic downriggers. It sure has gotten easy using the electics.

Back