Achilles bank - any experience?

dfrase

Anyone tried this spot? Thinkin of makin a run there from hornby if wind chills out. Its located between texada, hornby and lasqueti.

Anyone tried this spot? Thinkin of makin a run there from hornby if wind chills out. Its located between texada, hornby and lasqueti.
I thought that was an RCA-just checked the regs-I'm pretty sure by your description -it is.

Yea i just looked amd u are correct. I thought that meant rockfish only but looks like no salmon fishing for sporties either.

Thx for the heads up

All RCA's are off limits to sporties....if your commercial, that's a different story.

are you kidding or takin shots outa yer arse? are they really allowed to fish in rca?

Commercials are allowed to seine or gill net for herring in an RCA, yet sporties can't use use a herring jig shallow to catch a few herring. Doesn't make any sense to me but fisheries confirmed this to me a few years ago near De Coursey Island off Nanaimo.

...Rob

If you are a commercial hook and line fisherman, you cant fish in a RCA. But seine and gillnet can. The rational is that rockfish are bottom dwellers and anyone stupid enough to drop his $10,000 seine net or his gillnet into the bottom for the sake of a few salmon is going to learn quickly that its not a good thing!! LOL

Realistically. the RCA is there to help out rockfish..... not to prevent all types of fishing that probably will not hurt rockfish one iota.

Commercial prawn boats fish in RCAs and cod that can fit in the doors definitely do come up in their traps, a small amount but they add up!

Back