A Humorous But Revealing Take on the Tough Issues

Well done video, pretty funny and pretty damn sad at the same time. The public (rec) fishing sector is it's own worst enemy as we keep fighting with amongst ourselves, shooting both our own wounded and ourselves in the foot repeatedly. The other sectors like it how we are so stubborn, negative, petty, arrogant, independent and reluctant to band together to work against those who are against us. Many would rather spend time arguing amongst ourselves - tin boaters vs. guides vs. lodges vs. north coast vs. south coast vs. mgmt area vs. mgmt area, enhancement group vs. enhancement group, etc, etc... Time to wake up and stop fighting each other and work to support and protect our public fishery!

I'm not saying that there aren't some great folks who are trying hard to support and promote our sector and trying to band together, but we need more of us doing this to be successful. There are still many more of us that need to step up to the plate and start working together. Now is the time to donate both money and time to organizations and groups that support our sector, if not already and continue to do so.

Whether you like them or not, we as a sector have a lot to learn from the success of the NGO's and ENGO's on how they have come together to fight for their agenda - quite successful to date. I sure hope the rec sector can do the same and soon! Sport fishing on this coast is going to face some of its most serious challenges yet in the next several years IMO. Time to get over ourselves (me included) and start seriously working together!!! Hopefully many more of us will rise the the challenges that will be coming to face us! My 2 bits.

Last edited:
Well done video, pretty funny and pretty damn sad at the same time. The public (rec) fishing sector is it's own worst enemy as we keep fighting with amongst ourselves, shooting both our own wounded and ourselves in the foot repeatedly. The other sectors like it how we are so stubborn, negative, petty, arrogant, independent and reluctant to band together to work against those who are against us. Many would rather spend time arguing amongst ourselves - tin boaters vs. guides vs. lodges vs. north coast vs. south coast vs. mgmt area vs. mgmt area, enhancement group vs. enhancement group, etc, etc... Time to wake up and stop fighting each other and work to support and protect our public fishery!

I'm not saying that there aren't some great folks who are trying hard to support and promote our sector and trying to band together, but we need more of us doing this to be successful. There are still many more of us that need to step up to the plate and start working together. Now is the time to donate both money and time to organizations and groups that support our sector, if not already and continue to do so.

Whether you like them or not, we as a sector have a lot to learn from the success of the NGO's and ENGO's on how they have come together to fight for their agenda - quite successful to date. I sure hope the rec sector can do the same and soon! Sport fishing on this coast is going to face some of its most serious challenges yet in the next several years IMO. Time to get over ourselves (me included) and start seriously working together!!! Hopefully many more of us will rise the the challenges that will be coming to face us! My 2 bits.

Perhaps the time to work together is NOW ! With prawns being cut to 125 from 200 with no biological justification, its time to put a stop to Ottawa's continuing attacks on our public fishery.

Back