EZZ70

Well hello... :)

I just found a 20'er to restore, thank you to all that had provided some insight and helpful opinions as to the purchase of the 20' VS 23' Hourston VS Double Eagle.:D

I found an older hull that needs it all :) I am really hoping I have made the right choice, I still have doubts in the back of my mind that I should have gone for the 23'er, but nothing is available on the market atm. I am sure this 20'er will do me and my wife just fine for a weekend'er and day boat if setup correctly. Looking to have it setup as a cruising/fishing boat, mostly cruising and exploring, just purely enjoying being on the water.

Looking for "WTB" a pod or pod plans for this boat aluminum or fibreglass as well as a reliable 225 or 250 hp, 2 stroke or 4 and boat trailer... any one, any one :)

Also, still can't seem to get a definite answer as to the weight of this boat as I need to purchase a trailer that will match capacity requirement, HELP needed? I know the 23' is around the 7500lbs range so guessing around 5500lbs app...

Its going to be a fun winter!:p

IMG_6576.jpeg

I just found a 20'er to restore, thank you to all that had provided some insight and helpful opinions as to the purchase of the 20' VS 23' Hourston VS Double Eagle.:D

I found an older hull that needs it all :) I am really hoping I have made the right choice, I still have doubts in the back of my mind that I should have gone for the 23'er, but nothing is available on the market atm. I am sure this 20'er will do me and my wife just fine for a weekend'er and day boat if setup correctly. Looking to have it setup as a cruising/fishing boat, mostly cruising and exploring, just purely enjoying being on the water.

Looking for "WTB" a pod or pod plans for this boat aluminum or fibreglass as well as a reliable 225 or 250 hp, 2 stroke or 4 and boat trailer... any one, any one :)

Also, still can't seem to get a definite answer as to the weight of this boat as I need to purchase a trailer that will match capacity requirement, HELP needed? I know the 23' is around the 7500lbs range so guessing around 5500lbs app...

View attachment 46624
I think your way off for a 23 weight at 7500lbs, 7500lbs that would be all in motor fuel water and gear me think, 20ft hull only prob around 3500lbs max, my wellcraft is a heavy 25ft glass boat and the hull is 4000lbs

View attachment 46624
My 24 foot bayliner cruiser loaded with a 5.0L IO and a kitchen and full head was 6500lb.

thank you, that's good to know...

Yes i do mean motor and gear, loaded, no point on matching a trailer to current condition, I need to buy and size for future add-ons, motor, gear etc...

With that being said, you are probably correct at around 3500 lbs as is, i'll agree with that ;)

thank you, that's good to know...

Yes i do mean motor and gear, loaded, no point on matching a trailer to current condition, I need to buy and size for future add-ons, motor, gear etc...

With that being said, you are probably correct at around 3500 lbs as is, i'll agree with that ;)
I think your looking at 6000lbs fully loaded max

I think your looking at 6000lbs fully loaded max

Yep, that's the trailer I'm looking for (5500-6000lbs carrying capacity), its ok to be a bit conservative but im sure it will be close :)
Thank you!

new Yamie 250hp = 575lbs
50 gal gas = 350lbs
boat no riggings = 3000lbs
riggings = 500lbs
fishing/weekend gear =300lbs
2 people =400lbs
batteries = 100lbs
pod =200lbs
yam 9.9 kicker = 100lbs

Total app = 5500lbs (before I get smashed on these estimates, they are just that but don't think i'm far off...)

new Yamie 250hp = 575lbs
50 gal gas = 350lbs
boat no riggings = 3000lbs
riggings = 500lbs
fishing/weekend gear =300lbs
2 people =400lbs
batteries = 100lbs
pod =200lbs
yam 9.9 kicker = 100lbs

Total app = 5500lbs (before I get smashed on these estimates, they are just that but don't think i'm far off...)

Your weekend fishing gear ( beer ) seems a tad light

Your weekend fishing gear ( beer ) seems a tad light

Lol, they don't last that long to worry about accumulating weight... :p

Yes sir, I would very much like to...
I would be thinking about a fuel tank that holds more then 50 gallons depending on where your going and how frequently you want to be fueling up and access to fuel .... last thing you want to be doing is dragging around jerry cans and taking up more deck space etc......also 2 house batteries and a starting battery.... maybe a fridge ? Maybe small fresh water tank etc...... these are things to think of as well for your OAL #. 300lbs is light IMO if your carrying extra lead balls,tools , parts etc..... if you have any questions feel free to pm me as I’ve been through this and done it on a trophy 2159 pilothouse

I would be thinking about a fuel tank that holds more then 50 gallons depending on where your going and how frequently you want to be fueling up and access to fuel .... last thing you want to be doing is dragging around jerry cans and taking up more deck space etc......also 2 house batteries and a starting battery.... maybe a fridge ? Maybe small fresh water tank etc...... these are things to think of as well for your OAL #. 300lbs is light IMO if your carrying extra lead balls,tools , parts etc..... if you have any questions feel free to pm me as I’ve been through this and done it on a trophy 2159 pilothouse

All good points, well noted! Thank you for offering your info, I might have to take you up on that offer soon... I was thinking 50-70 for main and 2 saddle tanks, one one either side just a bit more forward. In total was thinking around 80-100 gal.

All good points, well noted! Thank you for offering your info, I might have to take you up on that offer soon... I was thinking 50-70 for main and 2 saddle tanks, one one either side just a bit more forward. In total was thinking around 80-100 gal.
A lot of people i see overload there boats way too much, try to keep it as light as you can, bring what you need , nor what you think you might need, i have 120 gallon tank in my boat and rarely fill up more than half tank, the less weght you pack the better the fuel economy and handling of the boat, just something to think about. No need for 6x extra downrigger balls lol

A lot of people i see overload there boats way too much, try to keep it as light as you can, bring what you need , nor what you think you might need, i have 120 gallon tank in my boat and rarely fill up more than half tank, the less weght you pack the better the fuel economy and handling of the boat, just something to think about. No need for 6x extra downrigger balls lol

agreed . KISS method for me. keep it simple stupid

I think your way off for a 23 weight at 7500lbs, 7500lbs that would be all in motor fuel water and gear me think, 20ft hull only prob around 3500lbs max, my wellcraft is a heavy 25ft glass boat and the hull is 4000lbs

Which 25’ wellcraft are you running Brutus that weighs 4000lbs. Not doubting you just wondering. According to the book my 264 Coastal comes in at 5400 with a single 250 2 stroke and no arch. Its currently running twin 175, 4 strokes and a kicker so I’m putting it at closer to 6500 loaded up.

Attachments

• 3A9A0D3A-E595-4EB2-897E-F77E6EF72FB3.png
    3A9A0D3A-E595-4EB2-897E-F77E6EF72FB3.png
    882.7 KB · Views: 20
Which 25’ wellcraft are you running Brutus that weighs 4000lbs. Not doubting you just wondering. According to the book my 264 Coastal comes in at 5400 with a single 250 2 stroke and no arch. Its currently running twin 175, 4 strokes and a kicker so I’m putting it at closer to 6500 loaded up.
Its a 1992 250sportsman, stringer and transom have been all redone to accomodate a single stainless pod, the stringer anp transom are beeffed up, i have access to a fancy crane truck with a scale, hooked up was a little over 4000lbs, just the hull, no gas in the tank, motor or kicker, minus the crane rigging we figure about 3800lbs, that was dry after sitting under cover over the winter.i stripped a lot of unwanted **** out , **** tank, macarator, water tank, table, fridge, a lot more just to get the weight down.

How’s it going with the project, I picked up the exact same Hull this spring getting going on it now.... a lot of work but have pod and engines ready need to do some minor fiberglassing and deck work then pod and wiring and finishing touches for me. hope it’s going well big undertaking!

Hey, ya got to keep us posted with progress. Congrats on the new boat, yes it will be allot of work but very rewarding :) let’s us know if you need help, lots of good guy here with a wealth of information... I am trying to organize a group pod buy if you are interested, I started a thread on it.

Back