2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what your leader length was. We were picking up a bunch of shakers a couple of weeks ago one one side and on the other with a shorter leader was picking up chinook, no shakers

It was a white hoochie attached by a 36 inch leader to the green onion glow flasher. As I've said before, that green onion glow seems to work pretty much at any depth. Not sure if its be cause it's just blindingly bright all the time.

Interesting observation. I've not had any experience to support or refute it, but perhaps others on the forum have noticed this?

Fished the West Van shoreline today 9:30 until 2:00. Saw a few nets out but a long way from hot fishing. Ended up with one wild coho and one sockeye both gaff released at the boat.

Nothing wrong with using old chovies. I use the old golden ones from two years back if I still have them. Fished all 2019 with 2018 bait. (I buy by the case). I don’t believe salmon are that discriminating in our cold dark waters. Just salt the **** outta them.
wait another year Pescador and you won't even have to salt them lol , sorry back to fish reports !

Sold my little Bayliner so I decided to take the new owner out fishing Ambleside on Saturday. Bait was everywhere except the shallows at the Pink Palace Apartments. Didn't manage to hit the slack unfortunately. No hits on white or green splatter hoochies so changed up to a coho killer herring aid, put it down to the bottom passing the QD buoy and landed a keeper hatchery coho withing 2 minutes. Dropped the gear down again and picked up a monster Herring ....... First time ever catching bait fish on a lure.herring.png

Fished CRC this morning 2 wild coho released and nothing for 2 hours then at high slack after log boom passed picked up 2 hatchy coho double whammy one on chovies and other on green splatter back hootchie 29 and 35 on wire. Sorry to guy behind me I wasn't imparted lol double whammy and stearin boat solo in swell is a workout but did get them, good times

Sold my little Bayliner so I decided to take the new owner out fishing Ambleside on Saturday. Bait was everywhere except the shallows at the Pink Palace Apartments. Didn't manage to hit the slack unfortunately. No hits on white or green splatter hoochies so changed up to a coho killer herring aid, put it down to the bottom passing the QD buoy and landed a keeper hatchery coho withing 2 minutes. Dropped the gear down again and picked up a monster Herring ....... First time ever catching bait fish on a lure.View attachment 55214

You should have quickly dropped it back into the water.... the action on that thing would be a million times better than any lure!

Newish to this salt water fishing. Have been hearing about Grande and The Falls. Don't know if I can actually get there but does anyone know of a map or chart that shows those?

Newish to this salt water fishing. Have been hearing about Grande and The Falls. Don't know if I can actually get there but does anyone know of a map or chart that shows those?

East side of Grabriola. The Falls is referring to a waterfall sometimes showing, which is about 3/4 way down the east side towards Silva Bay. Look on Navonics, drop by Pacific Angler to buy some tackle and can ask the guys there too.

Full shift at RC and hump this morning one wild coho on chovies then feed rest of my chovies to dog fish, no luck from spoons or hootchies tried everything in tackle box no love from the hoes but water was like glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back