2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

I use a 6 hook and reel fast, if they really start thrashing let em run it doesn't last long, if you at a 50% capture rate your invited on my boat anytime lol Good Luck and tight lines

AB3, Killeraye, Limitles and 2 others like this.
  2. Brian Reiber

Brian Reiber Active Member

Were 6 for 9 at sandheads. We've definitely found it a little spotty. Hours with nothing and then bam double headers.

Canso and Rain City like this.
  3. SSwilson92

SSwilson92 Active Member

Still can't figure out the up and down photo lol. last couple nights 6 socs and a few springs between me and my buddies. Lost quite a few as well Finally got a good one on a chovie. The pink hootch is doing damage! Big thanks to Jens and Stillwater Sports for setting me up and coming out to rip some lips. 70-30 ft in the gauntlet of boats for us IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

4. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

I see the commies quota has been increased so does that mean ours is as well, ya right

Whitebuck likes this.
  5. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Well-Known Member

Are you trying to stock pile sockeye for the next four years??? How many sockeye do you need and are you not getting enough?

nicnat, Whitebuck and Aphros like this.
  6. Kapt. Kirk

Kapt. Kirk Member

At my marina today a Commerical boat came in and they saw an enormous school out in the Straight south of Sooke. He thinks they’re a week away.

Killeraye and Aphros like this.
  7. eriks

eriks Active Member

Sandheads was great for us this morning, 55’ & 77’. Similar action on both our green and red sides. We started at North Arm and had no luck there, headed south and found fish.

Canso likes this.
  8. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

Welp. The struggle continues. Went 1 for 6 in a 1 hour fish at the North arm. All blue flashers in the Pacific Angler setup. Ripped out at 10:00, rods set up by 10:30, lost 5 fish in 20 minutes then managed to haul one in. I was by myself today though so it was fun to try and figure it out anyways. Boat parked and gear clean by 12:30. At the pub now for happy hour. Happy Friday guys.

bullyjack, Killeraye, Viking and 6 others like this.
  9. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Well-Known Member

Well at least you got the stink off!

Rain City likes this.
  10. Matthias

Matthias Well-Known Member

Just dropped the gear at the north arm. Anyone out at sandheads right now?

11. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

just dropped at North arm, conditions are beauty. One wild coho released so far.

1marko and Aphros like this.
  12. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

any bites? didn't see any action or nets out so I decided to troll down to T-10

13. Limitles

Limitles Member

Sandheads from 8 t0 12. Limits for me and the 8 year old kid. Out deeper by ourselves. Found a school and tried to hover on over it.58 to 45. The green worked best again

Dogbreath likes this.
  14. Matthias

Matthias Well-Known Member

No bites so went to sandheads. 1 for 2 in the first 20 mins

15. cohojohnny

cohojohnny Active Member

3 for 6 north arm One was 11# spring so more fun than sockeye. In shallower water than the pack. Action pretty much on tide changes. 30-70 like everyone else

Aphros likes this.
  16. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

I was in tight as well. Not many boats where I was. Maybe you saw my gear flying around.

17. Wondermur

Wondermur Member

Went to T10 yesterday am with a friend and got 5 by 8am then got 3 more at nth are 10-10.30 we also lost another 8 probably. Usual setup and with red and green and purple onion flashers that all worked. Also went out wed and thurs after 2 pm nth arm with my son and could not catch anything either afternoon! Hard going for me on the low tide at nth arm 225 -300ft and my son already didn’t love fishing.
    This morning I went out solo to nth Arm and went 4 for 4 with 3 rods down, took 4 hours. (I totally surprised myself not losing any ) It was slower today and I could not find as many schooled fish. Also a wild coho release.
    Good times. Lots of boats out This morning but still lots of space to fish. So Saturday am there is going to be a mega-squadron of boats :)

Rain City and Killeraye like this.
  18. Alex_c

Alex_c Active Member

5 minutes after showing up to sandheads. A big one!

Attached Files:

19. ab1752

ab1752 Well-Known Member

T10 for us by 7:30 am and I sucked the entire time for sockeye, need to work on my "dialed in" setup...got fed up and put a spring rig down around 11:30 am and bam, screamer on a pink / white hoochie with a chartreuse flasher, 105' on the rigger. Really peeled out the line and ended up with a sweet low 20's red spring, caught in about 210' of water. Good luck to everyone else, and tight lines for the derby tomorrow everyone!

Dogbreath, BCRingo, seatosky and 2 others like this.
  20. chromie

chromie Member

Was out at sandheads first time this year on Thursday boxed 4 sockeye and lost 8. Today was better boxed 12 lost probably another 6 including a spring. Good day out there.

What I have noticed is how much sea lice are on these sockeye each one load with around 15 to 20. Anyone else notice that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.