Search results

1. D

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

Anyone familiar with Ogopogo reels and fishing tackle? Would love to know more about this one.
  2. D

Vintage Spoons?

Bert Clendon was the original, Les Davis and Gibbs both made them later, as well as Luhr Jensen who sold a duplicate under the " Canadian" name. It is quite different from the silver horde "Canadian".
  3. D

The Mystery Spoon......

The rectangular part of the description makes me think Superior??
  4. D

Aron Flasher. Anyone ever seen one like this?

I have seen them sell on ebay for as much as $125 for a pristine one, I would say $65-75 in its current condition and an additional $20-? For the envelope even with the Red Green repair..lol
  5. D

Aron Flasher. Anyone ever seen one like this?

That's a neat piece and fairly rare as well. They date back to the mid to late forties and yours is the only package I have ever seen for one. The company also made a jointed spoon which is mentioned on your envelope.
  6. D

Historical fishing accounts

While not quite the time frame you seek, all of Billy Proctor's books about growing up and spending a lifetime fishing BC coastal waters are a great read and should be on every fisherman's bookshelf in my humble opinion.
  7. D

Old hot spot spoons

I have never tried one, these came from a Westport Washington based troller friend who retired in 1979.
  8. D

Old hot spot spoons

Are these the ones ?
  9. D

Old Reel....Anyone know the make and it’s use?

Looks like a Pflueger Captain, it was made for trolling .
  10. D

Old wooden plug, looking for info.

Looks to be a Sea King from Edward Lipsett.
  11. D

Shovel Nose Louie

Those boxes with no address were used after Minser left Chinook Washington. That box was used for Sequim , Port Angeles, Seaside And Warrenton Oregon. Those were the last boxes before Grizzly bought them in the mid to late 70's
  12. D

WTB vintage BC salmon spoons

Are you going to be at Kelso in April?
  13. D

Vintage Spoons?

Peter Trygve Horton Seattle 30's to 50's
  14. D

Vintage Spoons?

I will look and see what I have, not sure I have another#2 but pretty sure I have another #3 that is a duplicate. I will look and see.
  15. D

Vintage Spoons?

Here is a #2 Superior with a nickel for size comparison. The coho go nuts over those #5's
  16. D

Shovel Nose Louie

Jim Lone co-authored another book in 2005 along with Mark Spogen titled "Salmon Plugs of the Pacific Northwest". It is an improved upon version of the earlier loose leaf books which only had hand drawn illustrations vs color pictures
  17. D

Shovel Nose Louie

Yes, not sure the reason, but that plug is always single hook, no eyes and that color combo
  18. D

Shovel Nose Louie

That is for sure Game Guide as well
  19. D

Gatley lures and unknown spoon.

Nice!! From the originator of the Deadly Dick. Some cool stuff came out of his tackle shop
  20. D

Shovel Nose Louie

Plug Ugly is the place. John Peterson owns it , still around, still expensive...
Back