Aron Flasher. Anyone ever seen one like this?

MV Vantage

My neighbour gave me this old flasher, it actually has a spinning centre that trips a lever to give it action when it’s towed in the water. Quite amazing. They’re made in Tacoma Washington but I’m not sure of the vintage or anything because I cannot findAny history on these. Just wondering if anybody knows about them. Quite the invention, I can’t wait to try it

Attachments

• A283C039-AF63-4431-8F4B-E34563086414.jpeg
    A283C039-AF63-4431-8F4B-E34563086414.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 231
That's a neat piece and fairly rare as well. They date back to the mid to late forties and yours is the only package I have ever seen for one. The company also made a jointed spoon which is mentioned on your envelope. 20211027_204137.jpg

Wow, I didn’t realize it was that old. I was thinking early 60’s or late 50’s. Thanks for that.
the package is pretty beat up but is all there. Too bad someone did a Red Green repair on it. Lol
I changed my mind about trying it I think. Sure would suck to loose it.
any idea what it’s worth?

If it's from the forties it's the equivalent of spending about 70$ on a flasher. It's proof that fisherman have always loved the gimmicks.

Wow, I didn’t realize it was that old. I was thinking early 60’s or late 50’s. Thanks for that.
the package is pretty beat up but is all there. Too bad someone did a Red Green repair on it. Lol
I changed my mind about trying it I think. Sure would suck to loose it.
any idea what it’s worth?
I have seen them sell on ebay for as much as $125 for a pristine one, I would say $65-75 in its current condition and an additional $20-? For the envelope even with the Red Green repair..lol

Back