Search results

1. S

Good boat welder in Sidney

Anybody know of a good boat welder in Sidney. Need a couple of holes in the old aluminum patched up. Will also try to get it to a mechanic there as well if there is a shop that people on this forum recommend. Much appreciated.
  2. S

Wild Salmon Advocate Missing in CR

http://globalnews.ca/news/3743861/b-c-filmmaker-twyla-roscovich-missing-for-more-than-a-week/
  3. S

Top fuel stabilizer and best place to buy in lower mainland

I just had major issues with bad gas and my motor.Going to be putting in fuel stabilizer regularly. What's the best product out there from your experience and where is best on price? Cheers.
  4. S

Sick of shakers.Tips please

Any tips or tricks to keep them off would be much appreciated.Their even hitting cut plugs and Anchovies.Other than regular plugs any other tips?
  5. S

Oregon or Washington Tuna

Thinking of heading down there to fish tuna. Anybody know regs for bringing fish back across the border? Anybody recommend a specific charter? Also how many coolers do u think could be needed? Cheers.
  6. S

Best place to take 16 foot lund end of August

Hey everyone. Got an unforeseen week off and thinking of taking my 16 ft lund somewhere new for a week or so from August 21 to 28th. Where's the best place to get some decent salmon inshore on the island? Would be leaving from the Southern Gulf islands? Thinking Port Renfrew, Bamfield or...
  7. S

Fish fishfinder with or without chartplotter

Still trying to figure out why people get the fishfinder with Chartplotter and the extra cost of chip when u can use phone or IPad and Navionics App with USB plugin on the boat. I need a new fishfinder for my 16 ft aluminum and was toying which one to go with and decided on dedicated...
  8. S

Coating on aluminum welded patch or to plug holes

Any recommendations on products? Issue 1 - I have one where there is a crack line well-above the waterline but would like to patch this. I will likely get it welded at some point, but in the meantime would like something to fill this. It is about 2 inches long and a mm wide and stopped with a...
  9. S

PSF Salish Sea Project 2016 Report

Taken from https://www.psf.ca/sites/default/files/FINAL%20-%20Email%20version%20PSF_Salish_Sea_Project_2016_Report_.pdf 40% is a huge number... Key Findings 2016 • An outbreak of Heart and Skeletal Muscle Inflammation (or HSMI) was found in fish from one Atlantic salmon fish farm. This was...
  10. S

Kicker motor or not?

Hi there, I run a 16 ft duroboat console with a 40 hp 2 stroke Nissan. The boat is very light and balances well as is and trolls fine with the main. However, because I fish alot in the salt, I'm considering getting a 4, 5, or 6 hp kicker motor for it as a safety piece and to potentially troll...
  11. S

Scrap or buy old used motor

hey guys, Trying to figure out what to do with the old family boat. The head gasket blew on the old two stroke and mechanic says it's done,which it probably is. The boat itself is an older campion 19 foot centre-console has a pretty dicey transom which we recently reinforced with a metal...
Back