Search results

1. P

Study to save bleeding fish

I was watching a fishing show on tv and an interesting topic was being discussed. How to save bleeding fish so they can survive a catch and release experience. The study being conducted is from Carelton University and what they’ve found is by dumping carbonated liquid directly on the bleeding of...
  2. P

Rock slide blown up today

Watched on the news today as they detonated a large explosion under the Fraser River slide area, clearing a new alleyway for migrating salmon and steelhead, if there’s any left?
  3. P

New Agreement Gov & FN

Government of Canada enters into Fraser Salmon Collaborative Management Agreement with 76 British Columbia First Nations From: Fisheries and Oceans Canada News release July 5, 2019 Vancouver, British Columbia - There is no relationship more important to the Government of Canada than the one...
  4. P

New SARA postings

https://www.canada.ca/en/fisheries-oceans/news/2019/03/government-of-canada-takes-steps-to-protect-aquatic-species-at-risk.html But no new salmon classification...as yet
  5. P

No Announcements

Isn’t it more likely that DFO will go into the new 2019 Sportfishing License without any formal announcement on Chinook retention? I think so because they made quite a few changes last year, so is one year of new trials really a proper sample size to say we suddenly have to do more again this...
  6. P

Big announcement tomorrow morning

Dfo and Premier Horgan making big announcements tomorrow morning. I look at that as a positive because dfo wouldn’t invite Horgan if they were shutting everything down, it would be a huge dust up. Hopefully I’m right
  7. P

Our Government hard at work

I contacted dfo and told them hundreds and hundreds of businesses up and down the coast are waiting to see what dfo is going to do with our fishing this season! You know what the reply was? Join the mailing list to receive updates! So hotels, boat dealers, restaurants, Tackle shops...
  8. P

Alarming new findings NY Times article

I suggest when we’re bitchin at each other about who’s right who’s wrong what works and what doesn’t, maybe we’re at a point where we need to try everything and anything when it comes to boosting or saving our Pacific salmon population. Read Carl Zimmers NY Times article Dec 7,2018, about a...
  9. P

Fraser River Closure

ubject: FN0433-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Chinook - Region 3 - 2018 Zone 1 Management Actions Further to FN0404, the Department will be managing fisheries based on zone 1 management for Fraser Spring 5-2 and Summer 5-2 Chinook for 2018. In Region 3, the following actions will remain in place to...
  10. P

THE BUSINESS OF FISHING interesting read

You Thought We Canadians Controlled Our Fisheries? Think Again How feds let fishing privileges be sucked up by big money, much of it foreign. By Evelyn Pinkerton, Kim Olsen, Joy Thorkelson, Henry Clifton and Art Davidson11 Jan 2016 | TheTyee.ca
Back