Search results

1. bcfishguy

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Any reports today? How’s the weather? Taking ferry 6 am tomorrow
  2. bcfishguy

I wonder if it’s better to drive to Tahsis instead of gold river. Seems like Esperanza inlet has all the fish now
  3. bcfishguy

Are you guys talking about gold river launch or cougar creek?
  4. bcfishguy

Thanks for info. Towing with ram 1500 too. Gale warning all week which sucks for Hali and bottom fishing I guess
  5. bcfishguy

Yes just checked weather and it’s gale warning all over the island this week. Which spots on the inside should be good now? Hoiss point? Will be arriving there Friday at noon with pops on his 60th birthday
  6. bcfishguy

Heading out to Nootka on Friday. I want to give cougar creek a try. Do you guys think it’s ok to tow 22’ striper there? Is parking cash only and how much? Thanks
  7. bcfishguy

Heading up there on the 24th as well. Are you taking a ferry from Vancouver?
  8. bcfishguy

Totally understandable about the particular spots. Thank you, I’ll keep it posted here
  9. bcfishguy

Thank you for advise! Really appreciate everyone's input here. Any specific area where halibut and lingcod are to be targeted?
  10. bcfishguy

Thank you! I’ll get the updated when I’m there. Hopefully will catch some fish. More important son and father time on his big 60 day
  11. bcfishguy

Sold the boat back then. Now got lucky on a new one but with Vancouver fishing closure will have to explore the island. Ferry is gonna be 500$ round trip so hopefully I’ll get lucky with fish there
  12. bcfishguy

Thanks! Any advise on fishing in that area? First time newbie here
  13. bcfishguy

Appreciate your help. I’m taking a ferry on July 24 for 3 day trip taking dad out fishing for his 60th birthday. I was thinking of pulling the boat on trailer in the evening and staying inside parking lot overnight. Not camping just overnight stay. I’ve got 22’ seaswirl striper. Do you know...
  14. bcfishguy

Thanks for the info. Should I reserve by calling them or it’s usually available on the spot?
  15. bcfishguy

Can someone tell please the rates for launch and parking at the gold river and if it’s ok to sleep overnight at the parking spot? Thanks
  16. bcfishguy

Gold River boat launch

Does anyone know how much it’s to launch the boat and park per day? Also, is it ok to sleep in the boat at the parking? Thanks for the help
  17. bcfishguy

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Just thinking can't we just put an anchor down where the fish is jumping and use the pink buzz bomb weight to catch socks like pinks? Is inside Fraser actually open for socks or is it just for commercial for now?
  18. bcfishguy

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I think the biggest fear I have is to catch a huge wave and knowing that I only have a 17' Bayliner Capri that will get bounced around pretty good. To comfortably fish BC waters I believe it's better to have at least a 20' rig. I really want to catch at least one...
  19. bcfishguy

Hey guys! Just discovered this forum and it's awesome to have fellow fishing enthusiasts share their stories here. I launched my boat at the Captain Cove's marina at Ladner at around 7 am today. Never been to this area before (last year fished Squamish for pinks and at the Capilano river mouth)...
Back