O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

The mouths of both arms can be very dangerous and not just to small boats.
Standing waves caused by changing tides and wind direction creates a very bad scenario. A lot of water is moving through here.
I have seen boats that have no business in these waters get into trouble. Last sockeye season specifically. Pick the right tides and good winds, no problem.
Be safe and know the conditions.

Any pictures surrey salmon slayer, you know all I hear on this forum is no pics it didn't happen! I heard there where 70+ boats out there on Sunday and my source said he didn't see any fish hauled in. Maybe you just found a school and they stuck with you. Good job either way. Unfortunately I'm not going out there today so no updates from me.

I fish the sandheads in my little zodiac. Smaller then your boat and it works well aslong as the wind is at 10km/hr or less. Anything more is tough

I have a 14ft Inflatable and decided not to go out this morning when I checked the wind reports... Shame as it was such a nice day. Hopefully we have some light winds next weekend... Do you normally launch at Vanier or MacDonald when fishing the UBC area?

I've been launching at Ambleside but don't want to cross the bay if I don't need to do so..

Got skunked at the mouth today. Didnt see anyone land anything either. Lots of sockeye jumping just inside the river on my way out from ladner and on my way back in aswell.

Got skunked at the mouth today. Didnt see anyone land anything either. Lots of sockeye jumping just inside the river on my way out from ladner and on my way back in aswell.

Just thinking can't we just put an anchor down where the fish is jumping and use the pink buzz bomb weight to catch socks like pinks? Is inside Fraser actually open for socks or is it just for commercial for now?

Just thinking can't we just put an anchor down where the fish is jumping and use the pink buzz bomb weight to catch socks like pinks? Is inside Fraser actually open for socks or is it just for commercial for now?

Yea probably could do that. Looked like there were some guys doing it today when it was a little to rough at the mouth. Ive personally never tried it.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Fished west van today. 3 limits of hoes. Two nice fat ones 7.5lbs each, two mid size and two that didn't make it past our bellies tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 501
Last edited by a moderator:
We were out just past the north arm tonight - one sock to the boat and one missed. The funny thing is the sock hits came when we sped the boat up to 2.2 kts. Pretty slow, only saw one other net out...

We were out just past the north arm tonight - one sock to the boat and one missed. The funny thing is the sock hits came when we sped the boat up to 2.2 kts. Pretty slow, only saw one other net out...

Do you think you had a school following your flash and the speed change triggered the bite? Or just faster speed?
This could be key to success?

Fished t10 area today lots of action we managed our limits once we got them dialed lots of dummies, pink squirts 24" leaders, 40-90'
aqe8edas.jpg

Hit 6 sockeye landing 4 plus a spring about 16 or 18. 67 and up worked for depth spring hit at 50 going for the sockeye gear. Wonder if the coho will still be rolling in after reading scobo report

Lorn and Sandi Socks.jpgView attachment 13390
Hit 6 sockeye landing 4 plus a spring about 16 or 18. 67 and up worked for depth spring hit at 50 going for the sockeye gear. Wonder if the coho will still be rolling in after reading scobo report

We fished sandheads yesterday. Took a while to get dialed in and after losing numerous Sockeyes we started to improve our batting average. Eventually landed 8 of 15!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 752
WOW! Looks like I should have gone out yesterday as it was fish all around but I was worried about the wind warning in my little inflatable :(

Nice work on the fish guys. Took m6 dad out for few hours monday morning and hit nothing

Back