Search results

1. paplae

< SOLD>Free Boat Hull 23 Hourston

Gel coat needs to be redone, I won't guarantee the transom but it appears solid. I wasn't gonna replace it.
  2. paplae

< SOLD>Free Boat Hull 23 Hourston

Ive got a gutted 23' Houston that I wanna give away rather than crush it. Who wants a project and save a Hourston Located in Powell River Can deliver https://www.usedcomoxvalley.com/classified-ad/23-Hourston-Flybridge_33628146#
  3. paplae

ISO Tandem axle trailer for 24'

Pretty much all used trailers are a project to some point.
  4. paplae

Thanks for your reply 7000 lb would be ideal
  5. paplae

Ideally located on Van Island but not a deal breaker. Elec or surge brakes Galvanized preferred
  6. paplae

Scotty puller runs backwards

If the above suggestion doesn't work check that your recepticle isn't shorting out. Check for corrosion.
  7. paplae

OPINION: Can you Listen to Music while Trolling for Salmon?

Absolutely, never has it been an issue in my boat.
  8. paplae

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Back from 5 days at Moutcha Bay. Fished Nootka and Esperanza and found fish were biting almost everything we put down. 6" Tomic plugs and spoons, 407 and Army Truck. The Ghost hootchie with Purple Haze Cuttle fish matched with Purple Haze Flashers. Hell I even had a King Candy Herring going and...
  9. paplae

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Any fuel reports? Whats the going rate on the water? I'll be staying at Moutcha but running all over. Thanks in advance.
  10. paplae

Powell River 2015

Sasqman you might get some advice on the Sechelt thread, not too many people run down to PH from up here.
  11. paplae

Powell River 2015

Seems like Coho Pt is still going strong. Pulled a couple of white 18's this am.
  12. paplae

Wanted: shimano convergence rod tip

I had the same issue and had my whole rod replaced on warranty. Have you tried the dealer you bought it from? The only downside is Shimano took forever to process the claim
  13. paplae

Fishing spectra on the salmon rod.

I'm with you on the braid, switched this spring and have no regrets. Playing the fish is so much more fun. Plus it got me using plugs more often.
  14. paplae

This the "Year Of The Spoon"?

50/50 Clendon Stewart in action about a month ago. Great spoon. Down around 120'
  15. paplae

Powell River 2014

Went out for a couple hrs this morning. Lots of feed right outside the north harbour. Also had a quick troll north of Vananda. Good bait balls there too. But spent more time tossing seaweed than fishing
  16. paplae

Old fishing pics from Strait of Georgia anyone?

This is great. And sad at the same time.
  17. paplae

scotty sure stop's

Def the braid would fail first, I've been impressed by the strength of these swivels. I also use this setup for the few times I bottom fish.I just clip them on the end of my braided rod line and avoid damaging the braided line. Not trying to get anyone to switch this just works for me.
  18. paplae

scotty sure stop's

Instead of Gangian I use 200 lb mono crimped to a swivel. Less drag for winter when I'll fish down 200' I'll use a length that keeps the ball just at the surface when retrieved. And the mono works great for the release clip.
  19. paplae

Powell River Winter

Grants Reef did the trick on Sat. Wind stayed down and fished thru the high tide. Stuck close to the can. 175' Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. paplae

Powell River Winter

Hopefully heading out Sat morning if wind stays down. I hit Vananda and Coho Pt on Wed to know luck, between tides mind you. Any reports up Lund way?
Back