Search results

1. el.Pereh

Anchovies in van

I went by Pacific Angler and they only had green label herring in stock. Bought some of those but wondering if anybody knows of anchovies available in Vancouver at this stage in the game? I like offering both…
  2. el.Pereh

Sell me your shimano convergence

If you have 10’6 shimano convergence mooching rods in 15-25lbs strength slow action I would like to buy them from you. I am down to 4 and me friends are rough on gear… Pm me please. I am in Vancouver and willing to pull from the lower mainland
  3. el.Pereh

Furuno GP1971 Settings Help

This was installed this year with a new transom mounted transducer. I have yet to be able to get it to show me boomerangs and I've had fishing that should indicate their are many chins below me. Does anyone have this and care to share the proper settings? Fishing in the straight so mostly deep...
  4. el.Pereh

2003 4 stroke 8hp yamaha high thrust kicker

Electric start, electric tilt. Starts w choke every time. Stainless Prop guard. Replacing it because I dont want tiller steering and am upgrading to a 15hp. Does this have any resale value? I have a friend that can "take" it but I'd prefer to sell for boat gas money if I can get something...
  5. el.Pereh

Offseason Upgrades - 1997 Pursuit Denali 2460

I am looking to get a new kicker without a tiller this offseason and get some throttle control going up at the helm. Has anyone done this on a denali? I am curious if there is a model of throttle control designed for twin outboards where I could use one side for my I/O main and the other side...
  6. el.Pereh

WTB Shimano convergence

Looking for 10’6 in medium or medium heavy. Whole rods or tops only if the have them. The newer style
  7. el.Pereh

Pac Angler Reopened

https://www.facebook.com/Pacific-Angler-266622986705806/ Looks like my favorite candy store is back up and running! Great to see they have all of the procedures in place to keep everyone safe and very glad to see this retailer get through what was hopefully to ugliest part of this mess. Time to...
  8. el.Pereh

Mold on interior fabric

Does anyone have an effective way to get rid of this? I have it on some sunbrella too. The heater kicked the bucket this winter and I was guilty of not checking up on the boat for a couple of Month...
  9. el.Pereh

Shimano Clarus 15-25lbs mooching rod - Moderate Action

I mistakenly bought 15-25 lbs 10' clarus mooching rod in moderate action. I like slow. Anyone want to take advantage of my mistake? Used once, $100, will include rod butlers too
  10. el.Pereh

Light bites, terminal fishery

I have been experiencing more light bites that I ever have off the sandheads. General bites are up too so I am sure it has a lot to do with the volume of fish! When running chovies or herring, do you reel down/pop and reel as soon as you see the tip dip or do you give it a couple of seconds to...
  11. el.Pereh

Mooching livies on the sunshine coast

I will be heading up twice this summer in a couple of boats. Would love to try live mooching. I have a copy of "Maximum Salmon" by DC Ried and am sure things havent changed much tackle/tactics wise since it was put out. I am just hoping that I can get some info on spots to target using this...
  12. el.Pereh

Pacific Salmon Foundation Gala Dinner

Great event May 10th. From funding scientific research to habitat restoration projects, he PSF basically does everything you want done for salmon. The Gala Dinner and Auction in Vancouver is their biggest fundraising event. The food is always fantastic with a great venue in the convention center...
  13. el.Pereh

DFO Meeting in Nanaimo

Did anyone go? Curious to hear
  14. el.Pereh

11' 7 wt Reddington Switch Rod, Sage Reel, line etc

Brand new never used Reddington dually switch rod 11'3" 7wt with a sage 2210 9-10 wt reel. Matches the weight well. Spooled with back, Rio Powerflex max shooting line and a skagit spey shooting head. Looking to sell as a package. 700-800 in value, looking for 400 OBO Bought it to learn, tried...
  15. el.Pereh

Shimano Convergence 15-25lbs mooching rod bottom half

Well I have broken my bottom half. I have two bottom halves for 12-20lbs convergence mooching rods and now a good tip for a 15-25 lbs mooching rod. Looking to swap or buy, name your price! Located in Vancouver
  16. el.Pereh

How long can you keep wet brine bait

Put my last two packs of 6” chovies to bring last night and am now not going out due to wind. If I keep them in the fridge all week will they be good to fish next weekend?
  17. el.Pereh

Slot Limit Area 29

I do most of my fishing in this area. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html#18,19_5192 I am so confused. I thought the daily limit was now 1 spring per day. This link says two with a size limit 62-85cm. WTF is going on, I thought I had a handle on the reg change.
  18. el.Pereh

2009 four stroke vs 2018

Looking at a used one today. The question I have is: are the new models considerably quieter?
  19. el.Pereh

Flasher too damaged to fish in line?

I’ve never lost a fish due to flasher Damage but don’t care to. Should these be relegated to dummy’s?
  20. el.Pereh

Algae buildup on lines

had a very rough go with it yesterday in the thrasher area. Took two rods out of the game and has completely gummed up a 180’ of cable. Any tips for removal or just replace the cable and line?
Back