Search results

1. liv2fish

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Thanks Brutus knowing it’s aprox 350 FOW is very helpful. I was poking around out from the buoy yesterday but was none too sure where the yellow “no salmon” zone started out there so trolled back into east point instead and we picked up an 8 liber in 200 fow. Big whale show out in yellow zone...
  2. liv2fish

80 cm Spring

I weighed my 76 cm chinook the other day using bathroom scale and came to 16 lbs. it was a fatty.
  3. liv2fish

2022 Sooke Reports

Any predictions on timing of dfo waves it’s magic wand and decides to open sox? Is it usually August?
  4. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Yup keep thinking that but never remember to grab one when shopping near tackle.
  5. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Late report from Tuesday out of cheanuh. Fished from the crack of 9 til 2 ish mostly off Beechy with the rest. People catching all around me and notta for me til 1130 ish then constant frantic action. Got some pinks kept 1 then releasing rest and bunch small springs. Then pin popper at 55’ on DR...
  6. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Out off bluffs and secretary today from 9 TIL 12:30 arrived at prestige for 8 but tide too low to launch until 9. Lots of action and lots of long distance spits on pink grand slam with two hooks. Remembered reading post about switching that to one j hook on swivel but opted for switch to spoons...
  7. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Fished in the fog on Sunday mostly near secretary from 7:30 to 12:30 and got my two hatch coho by 9 then tried for pinks. No pinks but released 4-5 more coho, a couple were hatch. Most of the action was at 47-51’ on DR in 150-200 FOW. Everything on either pink or green grand slam or pink...
  8. liv2fish

Halibut and lingcod charter end of September?

A buddy is coming to the island at the end of September and staying in Victoria. He would like to charter a trip for halibut and lingcod within 2-3 hours of Victoria. Any recommendations of charters would be much appreciated.
  9. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

It’s the herring size
  10. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Out at Beecher Bay today from 10-3. 7-8 coho all wild and two springs, ones small hatchery and a nice low teens within retention area but wild no pics to share as got them right back. Coho were mostly shallow at 24-29 on DR couple at 50 in 250-350 FOW. Green grand slam with chunk of anchovie...
  11. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Yes I’m going to pay closer attention to current tables when planning my Hali trips. Still learning the Hali game. Congrats on getting the chicken
  12. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

Ii i tried the same late morning TIL early afternoon but couldn’t keep my bait on bottom with biggest weight allowed. Arghhh
  13. liv2fish

2021 Sooke Reports

I got out in front of the Bluffs for a few hours today. Tried out at 120-130 contours near bottom but got nothing but little lingcod then moved in a bit to 105-110 and picked up two and lost one. Released one that was just over 45 cm and kept another at around 60 cm. My first ever keeper...
  14. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Out in the tick fog today, 10 to 1 again and i think in front of bluffs. Dropped a line down in a different spot then last few outings and bang nice 5 lb wild to the boat before could even get 2nd line set up. Got another three nice ones to the boat but all three spit the hook at me beside the...
  15. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Out today from sooke from 10 to 1. No pictures to share as brought nothing home. Released two wilds and had two spit the hook at me beside the boat. One longgg line release. So some action. Gotta perfect my solo netting skills may just gaff the first fish tomorrow with wilds fair game. Fished...
  16. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Little canibalistic buggers. Now that I google krill that exactly what they look like. Thx tubber
  17. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Two day report out of Sooke. 1st day (yesterday) got two hatchery and one wild to the boat and had a long line release plus one spit it at me beside the boat. Fished out from Bluffs in 350-400 FOW down 51 ft on DR. The green slam got most of the action with bit of anchovy on leading hook. Got on...
  18. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Took my son out for the afternoon and we definitely missed the bite. We got set up by 12 ish and trolled off secretary east and west with no bites. Hit shore for some exploring at 2 then one more pass and noda. Guess we shoulda hit water earlier today. My son got to play up a nice cabezon near...
  19. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

That does sound like it would be a blast, will try that next time out for fun.
  20. liv2fish

2020 Sooke Reports

Finally got my little guy out today for some coho action off Sooke Harbour. Just kept doing same circuit and frantic action for two hours. Few double headers and missed quite a few. Wanted to let him reel in as many as possible for the excitement so we probably lost a few more than perhaps if i...
Back