Search results

1. ReelSlim

2007 Ford F350 Lariat

SOLD-Posting this for my dad. He has owned it since 2010 I believe. It’s a total cherry and no expense spared when it comes to maintenance and repairs. Truck is on Vancouver Island….thanks
  2. ReelSlim

Scotty Dual Rod Holders

OK so I'm being hounded for a Christmas list...lol One of the things I have been considering for a while is installing Scotty dual rod holders on my downriggers. I know there is the 247 and 447 models. I run a single holder on my booms like the 447 model. I know that they both can be...
  3. ReelSlim

Cabin in Port Renfrew

If anyone is interested in being my neighbour....lol Obviously I'd prefer another fishermen next door! https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/24300759/243-6596-baird-rd-port-renfrew-port-renfrew?utm_source=listinglive&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emaillistinglive&utm_content=viewlisting...
  4. ReelSlim

Quebec City Must Do List...

Well this is a two part post. The first is a bit of a proud dad moment. My son's U13AA hockey team was highly ranked to start the year and followed through by taking the Provincial Championship a few weeks ago. A great end to an incredible regular season. They were invited to the...
  5. ReelSlim

Prince Rupert Guides

I have a friend from work that wants to fish the Rupert area this year if possible. I haven’t fished there before but told him I would ask for recommendations of guides in the area that will be available in July or August. Anyone have any experience to share? Thanks.....
  6. ReelSlim

Table Builders

Well we are in the middle of getting the new cabin set up in Renfrew after selling the old one. My wife is looking for a bit of a feature table to be built for the kitchen. Most likely a slab/epoxy style of table and not overly big. Anyone out there know of any good builders on the Island? I...
  7. ReelSlim

Cabin in Port Renfrew-SOLD

Like the title says we are selling our much loved family cabin. We are the original owners from 2010 and have used it for our own personal use and never rented it. I had a bunkhouse built next to it in around 2013 or so. It can be used for storage as well but we have it finished as a bunkhouse...
  8. ReelSlim

Florida Keys Charters...

Like the title says.....We are heading down to Disney the last week in February and then sneaking down to the keys for 4 days before we head back. We will based out of Marathon but will have a vehicle if I need to travel a bit as well. Basically looking for any intel on a Charter that anyone...
  9. ReelSlim

ACR questions...

First off I read through quite a few old threads but haven’t got the answers I’m looking for. I just ordered a Blue Seas ACR add a battery kit. Basically it’s the rotary switch and the ACR unit. I looked at a lot of wiring diagrams and watched a few you tube videos as well. I have twin...
  10. ReelSlim

And so it begins....

Well I guess I’m passed the point of no return officially. I put the cheque in the bank after selling my Striper 2 days ago. I’m going to try and make this a “Happy” thread and post pictures of my new boat build. I placed a deposit on one a month ago after a few years of deciding what I was...
  11. ReelSlim

2016 Port Renfrew Reports

Like the title says just wondering if anyone has been out recently. I'm flying out next week to get the boat ready for the summer and hoping to spend next weekend at the cabin and wetting the boat for a few days. I talked with a friend that guides out there and his first charter is on the...
  12. ReelSlim

Renfrew Reports?

We are coming out to Renfrew for the first week in April to open up the cabin for the year. Just wondering how the fishing has been or if anyone has been out much. I assume that the crabbing is good? I'm not going to put the Striper in this trip but I am going to bring out my 15' SilverStreak...
  13. ReelSlim

Bait Location......

I'm heading out to the cabin in Renfrew in a few weeks for the summer and was wondering where the best and most convinient place is to grab some bait. I'm coming across on the Ferry and will be getting some grub in Langford and then on to Rennie. Any good places to grab a fair amount of bait...
  14. ReelSlim

Lowrance GPS Question...

At the end of last year I had to upgrade my software on my 7200 series Lowrance GPS to accept my new Radar dome. This year when I first went out to the Chicken Ranch area I noticed that there was a pink band that ran just off the closure line and ended just before the J Bouy. It's marked as...
  15. ReelSlim

Islander MR3's

I just picked up a couple of Islanders today and wanted to get the opinion of what's best. Since they are the MR3's I loaded then with mono only and no backing. They guy at the store was pushing hard to put backing on as well but I went with all mono. I know with the larger arbour backing...
Back