Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Would like to see pics of this one...maybe an old hull that started life with a sterndrive? If it's solid that seems like a good price in this market assuming the trailer is OK.
Pics of the Hourston are up now.

Boat looks really clean. Not the greatest pics though.

Anyone know where, and how much to find a hard top for a boat like this?

Agree that is a nice clean looking boat, wondering if the trailer is a little on the light side and if 135 is enough power?
Almost every trailer that a boat comes with is too light, but it isn't a 20+ foot boat on a single axel (which could be ok with a newer trailer with a high rated axel. Visually it looks fine, they don't have a radar arch/etc so just plan to keep your down riggers and cooler in your truck and you should be fine. Yes, 135 hp is enough in my opinion but many other people like a 150hp on 18 foot boats. I think it would be a great deal if it came with a 140 or 150 4 stroke but the guy obviously loves and cares for the boat and priced it like he loves it and knows how much an 2-footitis upgrade will really cost him. Talk to a dealer/motor guy before buying....

Almost every trailer that a boat comes with is too light, but it isn't a 20+ foot boat on a single axel (which could be ok with a newer trailer with a high rated axel. Visually it looks fine, they don't have a radar arch/etc so just plan to keep your down riggers and cooler in your truck and you should be fine. Yes, 135 hp is enough in my opinion but many other people like a 150hp on 18 foot boats. I think it would be a great deal if it came with a 140 or 150 4 stroke but the guy obviously loves and cares for the boat and priced it like he loves it and knows how much an 2-footitis upgrade will really cost him. Talk to a dealer/motor guy before buying....

Agreed with all of this. I personally find the Optis to be quite loud.

What would one need to look out for on a trophy of that vintage?

Green slime!

I'd be looking for issues related to water intrusion. Even from those two pics you can see that it has an aluminum pod/swim deck installed and some heavy duty aluminum handrails around the cockpit so I'd be checking all those fastening points for water. The boat probably had a sterndrive so you'd want to look at how the conversion was done, and also the condition of all the wiring.

Green slime!

I'd be looking for issues related to water intrusion. Even from those two pics you can see that it has an aluminum pod/swim deck installed and some heavy duty aluminum handrails around the cockpit so I'd be checking all those fastening points for water. The boat probably had a sterndrive so you'd want to look at how the conversion was done, and also the condition of all the wiring.
Thanks. In all likely hood I cant afford to feed a 225 motor on a heavy boat. Would that be around 40L/h to run at cruise? And what speed would you guess on a hull like that?

Thanks. In all likely hood I cant afford to feed a 225 motor on a heavy boat. Would that be around 40L/h to run at cruise? And what speed would you guess on a hull like that?

thats probably a 2302. Do a search and there is lots of data. From the add, that boat looks SKETCHY. There is probably a reason the price is so low. If it is in good condition, I can vouch for this year trophy - very nice ride for the size, and lots of room for the size as well. Good luck!

$69,900 · **REDUCED**Excellent Condition SeaSport 2004 Explorer 2400 Fibreglass Boat - photo 1 of 8
Report Ad
Next
86784127_934.jpg

Back