All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new video called 'Plandemic' is full of false claims about COVID-19, but that hasn't stopped it from spreading online. An expert explains how 'Plandemic' and other conspiracy theories get popular.

Let them keep going. We always needed the flat earth conspiracy movement for something to laugh at. If you don't agree with them your Stalin, Hitler or love liberals. I see some of them of have moved into other dictators now.

This was one point that left me scratching my head last week. We've been "shutdown" for roughly 60 days and Trudeau gives the Canadian Amateur Sport Association $74M? (they are a non-profit from all I can tell)

If we start opening up soon that's $1M per day for an association that I would assume has had the bulk of it's activities cancelled. I think there's going to be a lot of raises in salary. :confused::confused:

This was one point that left me scratching my head last week. We've been "shutdown" for roughly 60 days and Trudeau gives the Canadian Amateur Sport Association $74M? (they are a non-profit from all I can tell)

If we start opening up soon that's $1M per day for an association that I would assume has had the bulk of it's activities cancelled. I think there's going to be a lot of raises in salary. :confused::confused:

Yeah there some weird stuff going on right now with money last few days. Fairly concerned as well.

EX7i0FfUwAAYDND

EX7jtTfVAAAt8GY

Expanding your circle? Keep it tight, says top doctor, as B.C. heads into long weekend

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-19-update-may-13-1.5568440

I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere...but I was spitballing a week or so back that conceivably this is a part of the explanation for the major impact on Quebec and Ontario, and the fact that we've basically had no issues: remember the weather in March and early April? Everyone was outside here. I bet not so much in the east. Conceivably there were fewer D-deficient people here at the time, although I would be surprised if that were a complete explanation, of course. Still, it's funny that Quebec did way more social distancing than we did, and our outdoor space usage increased so much while theirs dropped, and we have Vancouver, and uncontrolled travel to and from Wuhan for god knows how long...and yet here, nothing happened while they're taking a beating.

I don't generally get into vitamin supplements but I started taking vitamin D a couple of months back when we were still trying to figure out how seriously this thing would hit here, just in case it was bad. Obviously not too concerned now but we didn't know it was going to be so mild, so in the early days I thought it might be worth it, just in case. I had heard from some people working on this in the US that they were seeing a possible link to D and it's so cheap, I just figured why not.

You know, there's also an entertaining German study where they found that in men, low testosterone was linked to C19 complications.

Between these two factors, ironically, there's a case to be made that the polarization in the US response actually makes some sense. Macho outdoorsmen genuinely aren't at risk compared to soy-eating indoor urbanites, i.e. there's actually an argument that this won't really hit MAGA country the way it hits Hillarytown. So why not have one party for lockdown and one for opening up? In each case they're making fairly rational, self-interested arguments.

Before somebody goes demanding links and credentials to justify this take...forget it, it's a post on a fishing forum and not intended to be a regression analysis of the spread of the disease factoring in party affiliation. But for anyone who's interested, look it up. It's been known for a pretty long time that physiology is linked to voting patterns and that bigger, stronger men (i.e. higher testosterone) break a certain way politically.

So the people who want more lockdown might need more lockdown. The people who want less, might need less.

I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere...but I was spitballing a week or so back that conceivably this is a part of the explanation for the major impact on Quebec and Ontario, and the fact that we've basically had no issues: remember the weather in March and early April? Everyone was outside here. I bet not so much in the east. Conceivably there were fewer D-deficient people here at the time, although I would be surprised if that were a complete explanation, of course. Still, it's funny that Quebec did way more social distancing than we did, and our outdoor space usage increased so much while theirs dropped, and we have Vancouver, and uncontrolled travel to and from Wuhan for god knows how long...and yet here, nothing happened while they're taking a beating.

I don't generally get into vitamin supplements but I started taking vitamin D a couple of months back when we were still trying to figure out how seriously this thing would hit here, just in case it was bad. Obviously not too concerned now but we didn't know it was going to be so mild, so in the early days I thought it might be worth it, just in case. I had heard from some people working on this in the US that they were seeing a possible link to D and it's so cheap, I just figured why not.

You know, there's also an entertaining German study where they found that in men, low testosterone was linked to C19 complications.

Between these two factors, ironically, there's a case to be made that the polarization in the US response actually makes some sense. Macho outdoorsmen genuinely aren't at risk compared to soy-eating indoor urbanites, i.e. there's actually an argument that this won't really hit MAGA country the way it hits Hillarytown. So why not have one party for lockdown and one for opening up? In each case they're making fairly rational, self-interested arguments.

Before somebody goes demanding links and credentials to justify this take...forget it, it's a post on a fishing forum and not intended to be a regression analysis of the spread of the disease factoring in party affiliation. But for anyone who's interested, look it up. It's been known for a pretty long time that physiology is linked to voting patterns and that bigger, stronger men (i.e. higher testosterone) break a certain way politically.

So the people who want more lockdown might need more lockdown. The people who want less, might need less.

Lol I love it, can’t wait for the responses, going to be a blast.

"soy-eating indoor urbanites" will be the ones that save your butt.

Well, it's not intended to be a serious analysis, it's more of a humourous comment on an entertaining aspect of the divide over how we should be dealing with this thing.

Interestingly, complications in women were linked to higher than normal testosterone, not lower.

But until there are half a dozen studies showing the same thing, I wouldn't take it super seriously anyway.

Interesting, but they aren’t factoring in the cultural aspects like hugging and cheek kissing as greetings. Seems like our outbreaks here are all related to spending time indoors with infectious people which would increase the amount of virus you are exposed to. Luckily most of us can spend lots of time outdoors now.

It doesn't matter the amount of math equations, calculus, studies and statistics you are still going to have people that think we should be doing it better. I just posted it for info.

That's not good... Let's hope we don't see that here.

Infection of dogs with SARS-CoV-2
Two out of fifteen dogs from households with confirmed human cases of COVID-19 in Hong Kong SAR were found to be infected using quantitative RT–PCR, serology, sequencing the viral genome, and in one dog, virus isolation.....
The evidence suggests that these are instances of human-to-animal transmission

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2334-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back