All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawmakers introduce bill that would let Americans sue China over ‘Wuhan Virus’
https://nypost.com/2020/04/17/lawma...-americans-to-sue-china-over-coronavirus/amp/
60 Minutes: 10,000 US citizens launch six-trillion dollar COVID-19 lawsuit against China
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...a/news-story/8232bc1aeb82a16d01ec6faccb65a0ac
Not again: China imposes NEW coronavirus lockdown - fears grow for devastating second wave
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...-wuhan-covid-19-pandemic-second-wave-lockdown

Last edited:
I have to believe it all comes down to the strain. As I understand, there are more than 8 floating around - some are mild, some are severe even for the healthy 30 year old. The question is, do you want to play russian roulette with the strains?

Its mind blowing that there isn't anyone talking about the actual severity of this virus, ie the infection fatality rate. I guess good news doesn't sell papers or tv ads. IMO the IFR is the most important figure when trying to decide on an appropriate level of response and it doesn't appear that anyone is in a hurry to try and figure it out. The reactive draconian restrictions have to align with the stats. If 50% of a homeless shelter is infected and exhibit no symptoms then what are we even talking about? Multiply the number of confirmed cases globally by 100 and you are still probably short of the actual infections- the only thing remarkable about this virus is how easily it spreads.

Contracts for May are being destroyed, there simply was an epic collision between the OPEC / Russians opening the taps to FULL OPEN and COVID murdering consumption. There are only so many tankers and lines to store the junk in, and until the global economy goes online, WTI and all others are going to be slaughtered...until consumption is back online and then zooooooom. Really hard times for many in this business for certain.

Wondering how this summer will turn out...if these social distancing measures are still in place I will have to cancel all my extended fishing trips with friends and family.

Wondering how this summer will turn out...if these social distancing measures are still in place I will have to cancel all my extended fishing trips with friends and family.

You will be okay if everyone is from your own household, the issue will be anyone outside your household. Heard through the grapevine RCMP were checking occupants in boats to see if they were from the same households and if any weren't were being fined. Was somewhere in BC if I recall correctly. Now with new powers just granted backed by $2000 fines the RCMP, Gamies and many more departments are taking it very seriously. I'm pretty sure the Province knows exactly how the summer is going to be but is baby stepping us all there 2 weeks at a time so the population can process it bit by bit. Will be an easy check ask for ID and if you don't have any they will ask for fishing licenses.

Last edited:
Will apply to all Canadians

ROFLMAO.gif

Will apply to all Canadians, I would assume food fishing essential service would be different. Out our way FN are being very responsible going above and beyond.

Agree my experience as well,so know what you mean. We really need to as a group move away from FN name bashing across the threads, and stereotyping.

Get sick of it honestly. Can we just stick to topic?

Last edited:
This is not sustainable

Government is going have to bail out company’s by the billions or bankruptcy is coming to a lot.

I know there is lots of funny meme about worrying about the economy before health but it’s really starting to look bad and not something that’s just going to be able to start back up.

This is not sustainable

Government is going have to bail out company’s by the billions or bankruptcy is coming to a lot.

I know there is lots of funny meme about worrying about the economy before health but it’s really starting to look bad and not something that’s just going to be able to start back up.
No one has ever said it's sustainable. Dr. Bonnie Henry has repeatedly said that after a few more weeks, some restrictions may be carefully lifted. But some restrictions may not be fully lifted until a vaccine is available. People will continue to need goods and services. Most solid businesses will survive and some will thrive. In the meantime, government supports are available. Remember that 90% of the things we worry most about will never happen. Life will continue to change but it will carry on - for most of us - if we continue to follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back