All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a big thing that is overlooked at the out break in bc (and Canada) is the percentage that has occurred at long term homes and prisons. Subtract that and then look at the impact on the general public and it is literally less than the flu and not much at all really. Not that the long term folks homes don’t matter but could isolate those and general public could have looser restrictions is my point. Believe some of the most successful countries used this strategy.

I think that is evidence that the work done by the health authorities should be commended and that the citizens have done a good job distancing.

An interesting line I heard was that "It should feel like it was all for nothing" ie the numbers weren't that bad and it felt like we overreacted.

If they plan the slow increase of interactions properly we could be good! Concern would be that once we start giving an inch people might go to far and we have flareups.

I think a big thing that is overlooked at the out break in bc (and Canada) is the percentage that has occurred at long term homes and prisons. Subtract that and then look at the impact on the general public and it is literally less than the flu and not much at all really. Not that the long term folks homes don’t matter but could isolate those and general public could have looser restrictions is my point. Believe some of the most successful countries used this strategy.

I think that’s what going to have to happen. It’s time we seriously look at getting things going here again. We can’t sit around here for to much longer it’s time we get **** going again. Look after the vulnerable and use your head about it but get going. Lots of places are making it work even in our own provinces it’s pretty much business as usual with a few safety guards put in place. As far as I can see this thing ain’t near as bad as we were all told, you can’t tell me that a good percentage of these elderly people that have succumbed to this illness wouldn’t have succumbed to an illness anyways, or a regular flu outbreak that could have hit some of these homes. Yes it’s been bad but they have learned a lot in the last couple weeks, they know who’s vulnerable let the rest resume our lives. If your scared well, lock yourself in a room and let the big people get at it. We’ve ran our work site successfully with no issues, shoot of Amazon can operate, if the grocery stores that handle our food can operate why can’t many more businesses get at it.
Our neighbor to the south won’t fool around he’ll get it up and going and get the ball rolling, pansy butt up here will milk it for as long as he can we know that but the people will get restless and just get at it.

I think that’s what going to have to happen. It’s time we seriously look at getting things going here again. We can’t sit around here for to much longer it’s time we get **** going again. Look after the vulnerable and use your head about it but get going. Lots of places are making it work even in our own provinces it’s pretty much business as usual with a few safety guards put in place. As far as I can see this thing ain’t near as bad as we were all told, you can’t tell me that a good percentage of these elderly people that have succumbed to this illness wouldn’t have succumbed to an illness anyways, or a regular flu outbreak that could have hit some of these homes. Yes it’s been bad but they have learned a lot in the last couple weeks, they know who’s vulnerable let the rest resume our lives. If your scared well, lock yourself in a room and let the big people get at it. We’ve ran our work site successfully with no issues, shoot of Amazon can operate, if the grocery stores that handle our food can operate why can’t many more businesses get at it.
Our neighbor to the south won’t fool around he’ll get it up and going and get the ball rolling, pansy butt up here will milk it for as long as he can we know that but the people will get restless and just get at it.
152,000 families would disagree with you that it’s not as bad as you say

Outrageous! So you and your "big people" will do your own thing, ignore the medical professionals and their welfare and jeopardize the rest of us? Just rethink this and do the right thing: follow the rules.

152,000 families would disagree with you that it’s not as bad as you say

So what are you saying, if not for Corvid19 none of these people would have died. That’s 152,000 out of a world population of 7.8 billion, let that number sync in for a while 7.8 billion. Again yes it’s got it’s issues but again, they’ve learned a lot about it, let those not so vulnerable get back at their lives. Maybe not tomorrow but soon. It’s time to start making plans and getting the ball rolling.

Outrageous! So you and your "big people" will do your own thing, ignore the medical professionals and their welfare and jeopardize the rest of us? Just rethink this and do the right thing: follow the rules.

I am following the rules better than most believe me, I’m very serious about it. That’s my point exactly, follow the rules, keep clean, keep your distance but let’s get going here. We are running a work site here with 30 plus people on site, 15 to 20 people a day come on our site and leave, we have been running this with no issues but through sticking to a few basic rules. My point is why can’t more be doing this. There’s are a lot of places shut down that could be running.

I am following the rules better than most believe me, I’m very serious about it. That’s my point exactly, follow the rules, keep clean, keep your distance but let’s get going here. We are running a work site here with 30 plus people on site, 15 to 20 people a day come on our site and leave, we have been running this with no issues but through sticking to a few basic rules. My point is why can’t more be doing this. There’s are a lot of places shut down that could be running.

That’s rational. But remember, the only thing that’s stopping us from catastrophic numbers in the precautions we’re taking. We have numerous examples around the world on how things can look if it gets out of control.
I agree we need to get back to work, but it’s got to be a careful and delicate transition and big adaptations must be made. We can’t keep our heads stuck in the sand and keep hoping it’s all going to go away. It’ll be a slippery slope and every time we goof it we will be seeing another month of lock down... widespread rapid testing will be a great help in the fight.

So what are you saying, if not for Corvid19 none of these people would have died. That’s 152,000 out of a world population of 7.8 billion, let that number sync in for a while 7.8 billion. Again yes it’s got it’s issues but again, they’ve learned a lot about it, let those not so vulnerable get back at their lives. Maybe not tomorrow but soon. It’s time to start making plans and getting the ball rolling.
Tell that to those families, I’ll bet They don’t care about the numbers.

Believe some of the most successful countries used this strategy.
Sadly success appears to be short lived:
Also:
“We are in the eye of the storm in a Category 5 hurricane. The risk is still very high and there are many unknowns, but we are hopeful that with all of us standing strong, the storm will continue to lessen,” said Henry and Dix in a joint statement.

“Our new normal in the months ahead will be a modification of what we are doing now. The physical distancing measures, staying home if you are ill and following good hand hygiene will continue,” the pair said.

“People in B.C. have listened and done the right thing. We are grateful for what everyone has done.”

Tell that to those families, I’ll bet They don’t care about the numbers.

Oh I don’t know, I think there are a lot of rational people out there that understand. That and death doesn’t mean as much in a lot of places as it does to us, it’s a lot more common to some.

Oh I don’t know, I think there are a lot of rational people out there that understand. That and death doesn’t mean as much in a lot of places as it does to us, it’s a lot more common to some.
I think you’re heartless

7.8 billion people with zero immunity. 150k death from 2 million infections. We are here because of the efforts taken to mitigate this thjng.

Flu is typically in this range of mortality from 50 million infections (targeting a similar demographic).

If 50% of the popn got sick with covid, we would be looking at 39 million deaths...(7.8Billion/2 * a conservative 1% mortality rate).

Sadly success appears to be short lived:
Also:

I don't know...I've seen the numbers of the "second wave uptick" in some of these countries and it is literally hardly anything ... media trying to get headlines and clicks saying a second life occurs after the first in my honest opinion. Seriously...look at the numbers behind this blip after the virus slowed down...it's almost silly to be reporting about it.

I have lost a friend and have several that are very sick from this virus all because their government chose to keep their tourism economy going during its busy spring break season. That may be an acceptable loss for some but not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you Aces. The problem with pandemics is that they amplify problems with the generations. The resentment has been brewing for long time. There is underlying me first attitude.

I am not saying the people today don't care about elderly. I just notice such a contrast to North America than Europe. In Canada we could learn a thing or two by First Nations communities. Elders are their pillar and the respect for them is enormous.

Myself. I say keep it locked down until we can ensure all Canadians have a chance regardless of age.

As for US. This is circulating across social media right now. Calls from millenials and genZ calling coronavirus boomer remover.

boomer-remover-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back