Anybody built their own Cope boat?

I forget who it was but here is the cut package for the build23Ft Cope Design Winter Harbour CNC Cut Package.jpg

Bentley, on this site built a smaller cope last year, there is a thread some where here

Did you CNC cut that?
Not mine, but someone on the site posted that picture when it was picked up to start their build. Just can't remember who it was.

I remember Waterwolf saying that he pulled the trigger on a Cope, try dropping his name into the search function

I bought a partially finished 16 foot Barkley sounder and set it up with a 50 tiller. I have lots of pics of the build. It was a great hull.

I have the 17.5 cope now built by walker with a 115 yam. I really like the deep V and bow flare. Wish I had a bit more beam though, the malispina is a great design. You’ll enjoy any of them.

Attachments

• 7E24D7C6-1FD6-4FFA-A11C-6D315BD35B1F.jpeg
    7E24D7C6-1FD6-4FFA-A11C-6D315BD35B1F.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I am shur cope b&b is off wilkinson at lilriv ferry .just having sanity from the last few years is a gift i give myself.you are not alone.

That would be mine. Just finishing up a home move/property setup. Then you will see a build thread started. Give me about 4 weeks.
It will be a cope winter harbour 23 with 116 us gal fuel tank.

You chose the one with the bigger fish fighting cockpit, very nice. Winter Harbour 23 instead of Yellow Point 23.

You chose the one with the bigger fish fighting cockpit, very nice. Winter Harbour 23 instead of Yellow Point 23.
Yes, dance floor looks sweet, trade off is the smaller cabin, which I’m ok with, don’t spend much time in it anyways. should be a great day fishing boat! I toured a cope quantino 25, really liked it.
Almost no cuddy on the winter harbour, but the cabin and dance floor are comparable to the 25’.

I know them well. Attached for others to drool over. Bruce Cope says the dance floor is 18" longer on the Winter Harbour version. I freekin' love it.

Attachments

• Cope Winter Harbour Forward Cabin.JPG
    Cope Winter Harbour Forward Cabin.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Cope 23 Yellow Point.JPG
    Cope 23 Yellow Point.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: NDT
That would be mine. Just finishing up a home move/property setup. Then you will see a build thread started. Give me about 4 weeks.
It will be a cope winter harbour 23 with 116 us gal fuel tank.

What welder are you going with for this. Miller 252 with a spool gun or something more exotic?

I had a Miller 252 with a spoolgun and do not like the way it feeds with the smaller wire rolls. The wire come out like wet spaghetti. I ended up selling it. I also have a Miller 180 with spool gun for lighter work, but it’s strictly for steel now.

So I researched welders a lot and ended up buying HTP Pro Pulse 200. They came recommended from some boat builders in New Zealand when talking with the guys at CJM.
I'm not a fan of the presets, but if you know your voltages and wire speed, you can set it up well. i have put about 60 lbs of wire through it so far and I like the single pulse ability. I have yet to play with the pulse on pulse setting, but I will figure that out next. My favourite part is it’s portable with no spool gun. Can put it close to area working.

I would like a miller 350 with pulse on pulse capabilities and a push pull gun, but that’s alittle out of the budget.

I had a Miller 252 with a spoolgun and do not like the way it feeds with the smaller wire rolls. The wire come out like wet spaghetti. I ended up selling it. I also have a Miller 180 with spool gun for lighter work, but it’s strictly for steel now.

So I researched welders a lot and ended up buying HTP Pro Pulse 200. They came recommended from some boat builders in New Zealand when talking with the guys at CJM.
I'm not a fan of the presets, but if you know your voltages and wire speed, you can set it up well. i have put about 60 lbs of wire through it so far and I like the single pulse ability. I have yet to play with the pulse on pulse setting, but I will figure that out next. My favourite part is it’s portable with no spool gun. Can put it close to area working.

I would like a miller 350 with pulse on pulse capabilities and a push pull gun, but that’s alittle out of the budget.
I've wondered about the pp200, but wondered if if would have the amps / duty cycle for a serious boat build. Did you look into the miller 255 at all? It does pulse, and I've been happy with my miller machines in the past. I thought about everlast, but not sure about the quality/lifespan...

Back