Seaport 2400 XL POD Conversion Project

I believe you over drill and fill with epoxy so that it soaks deeper into the wood fibre. Then drill the smaller hole into the epoxy. That was never done on all the transom holes on my 1996 Seasport and it was not an issue.

Trim tabs are installed but I haven't yet applied the 5200 to seal the holes. Just a dry fit up for now. I am still on the fence about the going the 5200 path or filling/drilling epoxy + 5200.
You could just slightly overdrill it and run a coat around the sidwalls of the hole if you're worried about it. The other way seems a little try-hard.

You know which way will make you sleep better at night. Spend the extra time and over drill them and epoxy then 5200

Pretty sure the only place around here in Langley would be steveston marine but to be honest the price your gonna pay there for by the foot it will prob be cheaper just to get a spool from amazon and have leftover for future projects etc.

If you haven't check out https://www.pysystems.ca . There is lots of good info and videos on their site. Could re wire your whole boat if you wanted them to. Or if your doing it yourself I'm sure they could point you in the right direction for supplies.

Motors are on!
k0kOTPc.jpg

hKX68bf.jpg

vxAekOm.jpg

Pjqa32h.jpg

AMmN9l1.jpg

eG9FDcn.jpg

Deck is Done too,
4GFHerw.jpg

W64N0P9.jpg

W64N0P9.jpg

I'm not a "Merc" guy ,but those look very nice.Is the "Seapro" the heavier duty bottom end? Other mods from stock merc's?I don't see any numbers,are they 150's?

That looks awesome Marty, sure opens up a beautiful dance floor.When is the first sea trail taking place?

Awesome you must be pleased! Your shepherd looks like hes ready to hit the water and slay some slabs. Nice work!!

Back