Anyone had any issues with the Large Seadog Fillet Table

Rain City

Crew Member
Just about to order a rail mount one. Thoughts?

I’d look at Nauti Marine Products first. They have some nice tables.

https://www.nautimarineproducts.com/product-page/12-x32-rigging-table
I did notice them on an older thread when I did a search. Stuff looks great. Wasn't clear what their mounting system was though. If a rail mount system was over and above the $350 I'd say it's creeping outside of what I'm willing to spend. I may still pick up the flasher holder to mount on the back of the door or something.

Don’t order the seadog.... it’s pretty flimsy and cheap if you ask me. I bought a magma filet/bait table and pretty happy with it so far. Check on amazon

Don’t order the seadog.... it’s pretty flimsy and cheap if you ask me. I bought a magma filet/bait table and pretty happy with it so far. Check on amazon
That's funny I thought the Magma looked flimsier. I'll take another look, thanks!

If you are a DIY guy, these are actually a really fun home project. Just need some HDPE sheets from a hardware store, a Saturday and a cold 6 pack. My buddy and I made one for his boat a few years back that has been way more solid than any of the ones on the market.

Bonus we made it big enough for salmon in the 20+ lb range, something the ones on the market are never big enough for.

Attachments

• IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3935.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
If you are a DIY guy, these are actually a really fun home project. Just need some HDPE sheets from a hardware store, a Saturday and a cold 6 pack. My buddy and I made one for his boat a few years back that has been way more solid than any of the ones on the market.

Bonus we made it big enough for salmon in the 20+ lb range, something the ones on the market are never big enough for.
Very cool. Wish I had the time.

Industrial Plastics will make one to your specification for about the same money as the off-the-shelf ones.

Just give them a sketch of what you want and they'll put it together, time and materials.
Could maybe use the magnum rail mounts? They seem to be pretty sturdy.

What did you use to mount to the boat. I want to build something similar.

I made mine out of aluminum, and haven't mounted it on yet. It holds 4 square prawn traps.. Of course having a CNC machine helps, and had some aluminum from another job.:) I have piece of that plastic that I am using.

If you did want to build one for cost you can get the best deal I think it is called redwood plastics on mainland. 3/4 cost of industrial as they dont mark up everything that bad.

It's crazy I can get like 2 sheets pf 5052 aluminum for the price of one sheet of that plastic that drops in. . It has gone so expensive. I am just mounting it with two scotty post mounts or swivel mount. Not sure yet.

Thing I like on swivel mount is you can move it out of way or detach when not using.

Last edited:
I made mine out of aluminum, and haven't mounted it on yet. It holds 4 square prawn traps.. Of course having a CNC machine helps, and had some aluminum from another job.:) I have piece of that plastic that I am using.

If you did want to build one for cost you can get the best deal I think it is called redwood plastics on mainland. 3/4 cost of industrial as they dont mark up everything that bad.

It's crazy I can get like 2 sheets pf 5052 aluminum for the price of one sheet of that plastic that drops in. . It has gone so expensive. I am just mounting it with two scotty post mounts or swivel mount. Not sure yet.

Thing I like on swivel mount is you can move it out of way or detach when not using.

Hey. Can you share some pics when you get a chance?

My idea was just to have the removable board, and then when I am prawning use to hold traps. I have smaller traps I make, so they fit in perfect. I have it on Solid works, so they all will fit, and than the holes in side I will just use bungee chord to hold.

The 3D model shows posts coming down. I am not bothering do that. Hard to line up and they will get in the way on the boat.

For the table I am really leaning towards swivel plate in center as it seems the strongest. The idea is to rotate the table is important I think. I find some get in the way. If I don't need it I have extra swivel I can use for whatever.

Thing that is cool on aluminum is you can just add all the holders etc as you go. I just was going to add a simply wash down holder/knife etc later. Put in extra mounting holes etc.

This one is 36 inches wide x 21 deep which is about as big as I want to go. Sorry Rain City I veered your post off... I know you fabricate, so maybe give you some ideas as well.

I was going to sell these years ago, but bailed as the margins were not very good, and hard to ship etc.

table1.JPG table2.JPG

Last edited:
My idea was just to have the removable board, and then when I am prawning use to hold traps. I have smaller traps I make, so they fit in perfect. I have it on Solid works, so they all will fit, and than the holes in side I will just use bungee chord to hold.

The 3D model shows posts coming down. I am not bothering do that. Hard to line up and they will get in the way on the boat.

For the table I am really leaning towards swivel plate in center as it seems the strongest. The idea is to rotate the table is important I think. I find some get in the way. If I don't need it I have extra swivel I can use for whatever.

Thing that is cool on aluminum is you can just add all the holders etc as you go. I just was going to add a simply wash down holder/knife etc later. Put in extra mounting holes etc.

This one is 36 inches wide x 21 deep which is about as big as I want to go. Sorry Rain City I veered your post off... I know you fabricate, so maybe give you some ideas as well.

I was going to sell these years ago, but bailed as the margins were not very good, and hard to ship etc.

View attachment 46129 View attachment 46130
Really cool. Thanks.

View attachment 46129 View attachment 46130
No man that's sweet. Derail away! That's why this forum is great.

Cool thanks. I’m looking to build one about 5 ft wide I am hoping to make it fold so I can move it if I need access to the compartment below it.

Back