2018 Port Renfrew Reports

I was thinking I would give East Point a try when I head out there next Saturday, but perhaps I will head for somewhere quieter. I will still probably spin by and take a look on my way out.

I have noticed most people fish east point right rod to shore and do the circuit in the bay , not so much at camper . Tried fishing camper Sunday morning but was definitely a gong show so trolled up towards logan, A little slower than last weekend for us

I have noticed most people fish east point right rod to shore and do the circuit in the bay , not so much at camper . Tried fishing camper Sunday morning but was definitely a gong show so trolled up towards logan, A little slower than last weekend for us

Will be there in a couple weeks. Does it slow down during the weekdays or is it combat at camper every day? I tend to want to fish away from people and have no issue not fishing the “traditional” spots. Likely will run to camper and then carry on if busy.

I find most of Renfrew fishing is bumper boats and combat fishing. It’s funny that I fish all over the island and this seems to be the only place that it is like that. Lol

Will be there in a couple weeks. Does it slow down during the weekdays or is it combat at camper every day? I tend to want to fish away from people and have no issue not fishing the “traditional” spots. Likely will run to camper and then carry on if busy.

It is not that bad. I see guys that fish Sooke on here whining but its worse there. Besides anyway you dont have to stay in high crowd area you can go past camper etc.

I would take east point anyday than a weekend out east around the trap.

Camper will be busy now till after the September long weekend. It has 4 reefs in total there, the moochers fish structure, go much slower than the sportsdraggers and they know where the reefs are as we all have them marked on the gps. So if you are going to drag there pay attention to the reefs and the moochers if you don't you will be on the reef, or find yourself trapped on the inside then you turn to deeper water and hook up on the moochers, or push the moochers into 20 ft of water, then the tempers flare. Most successful draggers fish the deeper water 55-65+ft and do well. The thing that pisses most off if someone hits a fish everyone races to them, for christ sakes give them room to play their fish, there are more fish out there, and if you do hook up, don't leave the other downrigger down hoping to get the double header, pull it, stay on top of your fish so others can fish Camper, follow these hints and all will be ok, fishing has slowed the last 3-4 days but there should be a new run coming in.

Camper will be busy now till after the September long weekend. It has 4 reefs in total there, the moochers fish structure, go much slower than the sportsdraggers and they know where the reefs are as we all have them marked on the gps. So if you are going to drag there pay attention to the reefs and the moochers if you don't you will be on the reef, or find yourself trapped on the inside then you turn to deeper water and hook up on the moochers, or push the moochers into 20 ft of water, then the tempers flare. Most successful draggers fish the deeper water 55-65+ft and do well. The thing that pisses most off if someone hits a fish everyone races to them, for christ sakes give them room to play their fish, there are more fish out there, and if you do hook up, don't leave the other downrigger down hoping to get the double header, pull it, stay on top of your fish so others can fish Camper, follow these hints and all will be ok, fishing has slowed the last 3-4 days but there should be a new run coming in.
And watch for flying mooching weights! hahahaha!

Starboard side to the shore is standard everywhere but Renfrew I guess. Jacket must be beside himself this time of year :p

Lol careful oleboy or i will send all the Renfrew misfits up your way :D
Ha Ha. They would have to find me in the fog
Was all by myself and we were cranking on them all morning. Not a boat in sight and just take the drag right off and let them make those Islanders sing!

Blank for me today, two hook ups, one long line release the other missed at the net, from what i seen coming in fairly stop, some do better then others, bank seems like lots of 5-8lbs feeders

I believe the trend is medium early season switching to larger later.
The moochers have a secret handshake thing going, and have meetings where they all wear weird hats in low lighting.
Ya and they stuff those herring full of toothpicks lol, they catch a lot more fish then me, blank for me again this am, not even a sniff, some guys did good on the afternoon tide change, but all in all slow for a lot of uskiller whales on the beach sat afternoon i heard. Oh and some bigger fish comming from the bank for some

Ya and they stuff those herring full of toothpicks lol, they catch a lot more fish then me, blank for me again this am, not even a sniff, some guys did good on the afternoon tide change, but all in all slow for a lot of uskiller whales on the beach sat afternoon i heard. Oh and some bigger fish comming from the bank for some
Brutus remember head of the herring faces forward when rigging up, tail to the back :D:p:rolleyes:, its hard to get a good roll fishing them backwards.....

Back