Plastic Mesh Tubing

Rockfish

Wanted

I am trying to find the braided breathable plastic mesh tubing in the larger diameter used to cover wiring and outboard cables etc. There are three different versions I have seen, the solid tube, the tube that is cut open so that it can be used on cables etc without removing them to run them through the tube and the same type that has a Velcro closure after it is wrapped around the control cables etc.

I can find the small diameter mesh tube covering that are an inch or so in diameter as they are often used for audio visual wires and are available all over the place.

Recently I picked up 4 feet of the large diameter stuff from the Merc Dealer (which was the end of their stock) but I still need more. I am beginning to think they don’t make the large diameter anymore and I will need to find some more old stock.

Anyone know someone who has this in stock, especially if they are on South Vancouver Island.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if you guys have a greggs on the island but they have lots of different size wire loom in stock all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be able to find something similar at a logging supply company. The hydraulic log loaders use a protective covering over the hoses from the stick to the swivel that might work. You may have to go to the dealer or perhaps a hydraulic supply company.

Automotive electrical places use this stuff on truck wiring.

You could try a welding supplier. I believe there is something similar to what you describe for use over gas/ TIG torch hoses

Back