Elk Lake

twinwinds

I am looking to bring my 7yr old casting @ Elk lake for trout....Problem is I don't have a clue on what to use? or where to start as I have only fished salt water....He has been asking for a bit now!

Any tips on gear? Specific locations? Is it even right time of year for this?

Cheers

Do you have a small boat for lakes?

If so, Durrance lake is a good spot for little kids. A bobber and worm or powerbait on the bottom will get them into fish.

Langford lake was fishing well yesterday as well. Lots of trout about 13 or 14 inches with the odd one about 18 inches. There are a few fishing wharfs at Langford as well.

Hey Twinwinds, was down at the fishing pier on Elk lake last week. If you want him to catch fish fast, worm and bobber right off the right had side of the pier. We were fishing power bait with about 6 other guys and a girl with a worm and bobber was having all the fun! They might not be trout but atleast she was catching!

Cheers,

They are scheduled to dump several thousand catchable rainbows into ELk Lake this week or next. Both Langford and Prospect got 2,000 each last week. Ida Anne lake will be getting some soon and that's a great lake for kids.

Back