Your favorite boat BBQ

@pescador set this thread up earlier this year - some good info in here:

I have the small Seabcue. Love it and great for camping too. I was going to get the Magma Trailmate because it's nice and small, but it's worse quality compared to the Seabcue and virtually the same price so I went with the Seabcue.

This is a good deal --> https://www.stevestonmarine.com/boa...at-portable-barbeques/dickinson-bbq-small-kit
I just go this exact Dickson bundle but got from Harbour Chandler instead. Talk to Matt there.
I also got a hose so I can hook up to my onboard propane tank. No bottles!

Budget for a case to store the bbq as well. That's one thing I forgot to do when I bought my Magma. I have now figured out that you need a padded bag to store it when not in use. Otherwise you'll have a large piece of metal flying around the cabin in rough seas when its not secured on the gunnel in its rod holder. I thought I'd leave it permanently in the gunnel rod holder but that just does not work,,..It needs to be stowed when not in use......One mans opinion,,,,

Last edited:
Budget for a case to store the bbq as well. That's one thing I forgot to do when I bought my Magna. I have now figured out that you need a padded bag to store it when not in use. Otherwise you'll have a large piece of metal flying around the cabin in rough seas when its not secured on the gunnel in its rod holder. I thought I'd leave it permanently in the gunnel rod holder but that just does not work,,..It needs to be stowed when not in use......One mans opinion,,,,
My buddies boat has his Seabcue permanently mounted to the rail. He used the Kuuma mounts and bolted it to the Seabcue with the legs removed. It's rock solid.

Attachments

• kuuma-mount-rail-in-outboard-55842-500x500.png
    kuuma-mount-rail-in-outboard-55842-500x500.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 11
Yeah don't need big, Love out little Weber for the motorhome and the yard. Hate the Dyna Glo we bought without advice so that's why I'm asking, Thanks!

I just go this exact Dickson bundle but got from Harbour Chandler instead. Talk to Matt there.
I also got a hose so I can hook up to my onboard propane tank. No bottles!
Yeah that's an awesome deal! i called Ocean Pacific and they said $351 so tried to buy local but that doesn't include rail clamp, bar or cover. I ordered the large one... I have lots of friends now apparently

Harbour Chandler has a Fathers Day sale on BBQ's

We had a Dickinson and while it was a decent bbq we had trouble storing it on or Double Eagle 206 and even more trouble when using it. It would get molten hot really quick and with a bit of a swell we were afraid of bumping into it and melting some skin off. Ended up selling it and now we have this.
A6FF4B3D-23FA-4777-98EF-4AA900389C26.jpg
A wine crate with a butane cooker. Hole bottom right for the cooker controls. Pan with folding handle for storage. Plus a kettle, pot and toastie pie maker.
Have used it the last 5 years. You can cook while fishing - bacon and eggs, boil water in a swell.
No sharp or hot edges. You can chuck it in the cuddy as soon as you are finished cooking, it doesn’t need to cool down for 30 mins. Its been great for us.7A8A2C54-8B35-4DCE-B25F-A49ED50696D7.jpeg

Attachments

• 645C91A4-D1BE-49FC-9442-5465DA0B969E.jpeg
    645C91A4-D1BE-49FC-9442-5465DA0B969E.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 3B4CD982-2F15-4215-B5AD-D4825EAF0B92.jpeg
    3B4CD982-2F15-4215-B5AD-D4825EAF0B92.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
We had a Dickinson and while it was a decent bbq we had trouble storing it on or Double Eagle 206 and even more trouble when using it. It would get molten hot really quick and with a bit of a swell we were afraid of bumping into it and melting some skin off. Ended up selling it and now we have this.
View attachment 67946
A wine crate with a butane cooker. Hole bottom left for the cooker controls. Pan with folding handle.
plus a kettle, pot and toastie pie maker.
It has been great. Have used it the last 5 years. You can cook while fishing - bacon and eggs, boil water in a swell.
No sharp or hot edges. You can Chuck it in the cuddy as soon as you are finished cooking, it doesn’t need to cool down for 30 mins. Its been great for us.

Clever!

Back