YOU HAVE BEEN SHAFTED!!!! --Oh ya!!

quote:Originally posted by kngfsh7

Unfortunate to see that the SFI are not involved and supportive of the resident recreational fishing sector. Could it be they are content to see the limit go to two a day in June and the season over at the end of August? That would certainly facilitate their business interests, but does little to help resident anglers.

????? Are stating this from personal knowledge or just speculation? Just curious....

Whoa buddy, I think you have been sadly misinformed! Unless you have first hand experience, you will never understand the lengths and effort that SFI goes to on our "Sport Anglers" behalves. A good idea would be to investigate, participate and do something constructive. SFI is working for us, they do more for us than we do for ourselves. Mason

Unfortunate to see that the SFI are not involved and supportive of the resident recreational fishing sector. Could it be they are content to see the limit go to two a day in June and the season over at the end of August? That would certainly facilitate their business interests, but does little to help resident anglers.

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

Pa used to say "A split lip never killed anyone. Kept at a safe distance from the fray kids never learn to appreciate the wolves at the door."

quote:Originally posted by mason.jar

Whoa buddy, I think you have been sadly misinformed! Unless you have first hand experience, you will never understand the lengths and effort that SFI goes to on our "Sport Anglers" behalves. A good idea would be to investigate, participate and do something constructive. SFI is working for us, they do more for us than we do for ourselves. Mason

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

www.kayaks2.com

You nailed it king. This is about money and bookings. Conservation and fish for the local angler are not on the agenda.

It was a great show! Hats off to the relentless organizers of the Southern Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition! There had to be close to a hundred boats and trailers and a dozens of trucks with banners. There was also an information booth right across from the parliament building - that's where the leaders had handouts for passengers, banner displays and held lots of interviews with TV and other media from what I could see. There was much interest from the media. Most boats had great banners and what impressed most was they were well articulated and did a fantastic job bringing across our message. Simple and brief - Treat us Fairly and A Public Resource Belongs to the Public. As we jammed up traffic around the Inner Harbour, James Bay and Lower Douglas St. I saw many passengers waving their support and giving us thumbs up. In the thick jam on Douglas a number of stuck cars honked and rolled their windows down and commented "way to go.." and so on. Thanks to all who took the time for this and especially thanks to the organizers. That was well done. And thumbs down for the nay-sayers and negative speculators and the one's who decided to let the others do the dirty work for us all. It felt good to be part of this and there was a true sense of community feeling between all participants and the many supportive passengers and bystanders. Now it's up to some other coastal regions to follow the Southern Island footsteps and prove that this isn't an isolated issue here in Victoria! Go out and get organized! Cheers!

Yahoo!!! Way to go gang. My thanks to the organizers and all those who took the time to show up. And Chris73.. I hear you. Thanks for posting this encouraging report. Lets keep the momentum doing! [8D][8D][8D][8D]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Fantastic representaion by all who made it down today. The list is long, numerous folks from charters,sporties and supporters, Great sense of suport and as mentioned a fealing of community by all. Had one cabbi flip me some english, otherwise all shiny Happy People including Vic PD etc. Got a good Pic of Striper Jack posing in front of the Legislature:D

Hats off to all of the Oranizers. I can't wait to see the news tonight:D

Thanks for taking the heat off us on the corner Ward, that guy was looking a tad flustered[:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

Great turn out everyone! It really felt good to be heard for once! Lets see where this goes from here! Chris and Tom, You were great! Lets hope the media presents this story from the correct stance! as they are the ones who really show the public what is going on here!

-Steve ( The young kid in the orange winchester hat) :p

-Thanks ALL!!

I have to say, I was impressed with how big a noisy it was. I snuck away from the office to witness it in person. Lots of boats, signs and honking, and you guys aren't kidding about the flustered cop:(. He was not a happy camper and had no idea what to do:D.

I also agree that the message was pretty clear, from my perspective anyway, and hopefully the coverage on the evening news depicts the issue clearly. Hats off to all of you organized it and those who were able to drag your boats down and take a stand.

P.S. Some of you guys have sweet rigs!

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

I believe there were at least 3 different TV channels out there: A-Channel, Global, and I think Shaw ?

Awesome job to all those that turned out sorry just got back from Nootka Sound or would have been there. However you did an awesome job already saw it on A channel.... Thank-you for standing up for what I also believe in......

Best Regards
Kevin aka ME

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com
Camping/Chalets/Boat Launch/New Marina/Fuel
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

quote:Originally posted by chris73

I believe there were at least 3 different TV channels out there: A-Channel, Global, and I think Shaw ?

OK, I recorded the story on A Channel. I will post on YouTube later.

I'm watching CHEK again and hoping to catch the story there.

Story was not too bad, but they ended with quotes from that rat Suzuki saying that we are over fishing and un monitored. *******!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Back