WTF Nanaimo gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it wasn’t that, McTeague would be shilling something else as the reason. A coup in Uganda, transportation problems in Mozambique potential drought in Greenland. Guy has become a shameless shill. Note that he’s also predicting $2. A litre, kind of warming the public up to the idea.
I thought we are only paying high prices because of the pipeline bottleneck won’t it be as cheap as Alberta once we have the new Pipe running? Something to look forward to.

Canada is one of the best countries to live in the world. In Canada, the west coast and Vancouver island are the most desirable places to live. Therefore we live in one of the most beautiful amd sought after places to live in the world.

it’s not like gas prices only crazy where we live. Go to any big city like New York, London or Tokyo. Those places would make your head spin.

I thought we are only paying high prices because of the pipeline bottleneck won’t it be as cheap as Alberta once we have the new Pipe running? Something to look forward to.
Gold one Lol

Well we keep going back to the polls and voting a kindergarten teacher in (I know , I know its Ont and Que) what the HELL do we (they) expect. Only gonna get worse, if the libs cant steal it their gonna give it away (unfortunately the majority of us won't be on the receiving end) Happy New Year ........ Damn Mexico is looking better every day, only 3 years, 8 months, 3 days and 13, 12, 11 seconds for me and .......... by by Canada !!!

Canada is one of the best countries to live in the world. In Canada, the west coast and Vancouver island are the most desirable places to live. Therefore we live in one of the most beautiful amd sought after places to live in the world.

it’s not like gas prices only crazy where we live. Go to any big city like New York, London or Tokyo. Those places would make your head spin.
Yeah but they aren’t oil producers

Just saw this in Nanaimo... 179.9 went up over 30 cents basically overnight. I know there's still a few cheaper in town but I would imagine they are all going up...
This place must have read the wrong email on price gouging and got ahead of them selfs... price is back to 155.9 This morning.

Nope. There were a few stations yesterday I went past on the South Island as well that had 179.9 prices. It’s all 165.9 now.

Canada is one of the best countries to live in the world. In Canada, the west coast and Vancouver island are the most desirable places to live. Therefore we live in one of the most beautiful amd sought after places to live in the world. ...
Agreed, and that is one reason why real estate prices keep moving up. Canada is still great but we are being dictated to by corporations and a few "woke" a-holes with entitled, self-righteous attitudes. That is dragging our country down to becoming, instead of an entrepreneurial country with a strong middle class, to finality as a complete neo-Marxist welfare state. All because we were "terminally nice" as Rick Mercer once said, too polite, too tolerant, too apathetic. Those that stand for nothing have now fallen for anything.

When things or people are truly fuc*ed up it's not offensive, rude or disrespectful to say so. It's accurate and necessary. Change doesn't come about through just wishing and b*tching but from saying "Enough!" and then doing something to restore a rational balance.

Why can't they cap the taxes on fuel at $1.50 or something? Or on the first $100. Anything! We're paying taxes on top of three separate taxes at the pump.
Because our fearless leader with the nice hair ( I wonder how many mirrors he wears out in a month?) insists on hiring stupid ***** (but they're"woke"), buying stupid **** (like fighter jets and pipelines) and subsidizing stupid **** (like Bombardier, Air Canada, CBC and oil companies). And we keep electing the same good lookers because we are fascinated by shiny things and sound bites. How about we elect a plain but smart person, pay them performance bonuses and keep them accountable with severe penalty clauses for negligence, incompetence, influence peddling, cronyism, unethical actions, etc.? It's a fact: plain-looking people really do work harder, perform better and have better outcomes.

How about we elect a plain but smart person, pay them performance bonuses and keep them accountable with severe penalty clauses for negligence, incompetence, influence peddling, cronyism, unethical actions, etc.?
We'd have to evaluate the performance by polling populist public opinion. There's going to be really long lineup to get that job.........

We'd have to evaluate the performance by polling populist public opinion. There's going to be really long lineup to get that job.........
Yeah, the guy to qualify hasn't made an appearance in 2000 years...

Yeah but they aren’t oil producers
The North Sea offshore oil productions are among the largest in the northern hemisphere and shared between the UK and Norway. The fracking industry in the States has made them among the top oil producers. The crazy gas prices in the UK are mainly driven by highly constrained refinery capacity that only got worse after Brexit. All said, I hear what you’re saying. We should do much better here in Canada by utilizing our resources just so we can give our economy a real push out of this slump. But sadly, the leadership is quite lacking across the major parties. That’s the part that frustrates us the most.

Because our fearless leader with the nice hair ( I wonder how many mirrors he wears out in a month?) insists on hiring stupid ***** (but they're"woke"), buying stupid **** (like fighter jets and pipelines) and subsidizing stupid **** (like Bombardier, Air Canada, CBC and oil companies). And we keep electing the same good lookers because we are fascinated by shiny things and sound bites. How about we elect a plain but smart person, pay them performance bonuses and keep them accountable with severe penalty clauses for negligence, incompetence, influence peddling, cronyism, unethical actions, etc.? It's a fact: plain-looking people really do work harder, perform better and have better outcomes.
Uh…you do know that Provincial taxes on fuel are more than Federal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back